Saturday, June 11, 2011

Carrot/coconut soup

After three days of painful migraine with the worse SPD (foglossning) ever in my left leg - I seriously felt like going to the ER or something and get little A out so I could take my normal medication and get rid of this leg/back pain and the migraine once and for all. But luckily I still have some reasonable brain function after lying in bed trying to make time go by - and I have wonderful friends who help me when walking two meters feel like climbing the Kilimanjaro with a sword stuck in my thigh. When shopping food is an impossible task and putting the final touches to the exhibition is even worse, I am very thankful and greatful for the help.

This carrot/coconut soup is extremly simple and my very old and dear girl friend and I cooked it yesterday evening while she was helping me at home and we were waiting for M to arrive into the magical evening skyline of Stockholm.

stinas carrot/coconut soup

Ingrediens:
  • Fresh carrots (we used like 8)
  • 2 onions
  • 4 tablespoons of grated coconut (cocosflingor)
  • 3dl cream
  • Vegetable broth (grönsaksbuljong)
  • White pepper
Chop and fry the onions gently in a saucepan, peel the carrots and chop them in one cm pieces. Put 5 cups of water in the pan and pour the carrots in with one and a half vegetable broth cubes. Let it all cook until the carrots get softer. Put the grated coconut in along with the cream. Powder some white pepper on top and stir. Let it all boil for 10 min. Use a handmixer to blend the mixture to a beautiful and lovely soup and serve with some warm ham and cheese draped toast. So easy yet so tasty!

2 comments:

  1. Hej!

    Pröva att äta magnesium tabletter (500mg) - en varje dag och drick hallonbladste mot din foglossning, det har verkligen hjälpt mig. Fick tips från en barnmorska. Nu kan jag gå igen för att klara dessa sista veckor innan min förlossning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonym: vilken bra ide! Tack det ska jag genast prova!

    ReplyDelete