Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Sprüngli

Sometimes really amazing things happen in my life. Like when the superb designer team that creates the latest things for the well known brand Sprüngli contacted me for example, telling me that they really like my blog and get a lot of inspiration from it. And then, a couple of weeks later, I received this stunning coffee table book that they just produced (photos, text, history about Sprüngli, interviews ... etc) to my condo in Stockholm and as if that wasn't enough - they sent two big boxes of exclusive chocolate pralines and truffles from Sprüngli!
It's about the Sprüngli world and all of the beuatiful things they create, art, traditions and modernity, people, stories and much more. It also features a modern fairy tale written by the famous Swiss writer Federica de Cesco. The book comes in three different cover tones (pink, white or black) and contains mind blowing photos, interviews from people who have been visiting Sprüngli regularly throughout the years, meetings, first dates at the place and just very fascinating people behind the making of these divine delicacies.
Ever since I received it, I read it a little whenever I have some spare moments. And I get a lot of ideas and just want to indulge myself with the colourful macarons (that you've seen very, very often in this blog because M always brings me a box of them every Thursday night), the handmade chocolate symphonies, the stunning cakes (the wedding cakes are out of this world) and all the other wonders for the sweet tooth.
Every time I come to Zürich, one of the highlights is to have lunch or coffee with some bakery at their restaurant/café. Very seldom do you see as many elegant, well dressed human beings of all kinds of ages enjoying time in a exquisite manner like at Sprüngli. I could sit there for hours, having a nice rendezvous just looking at all the perfection that is concentrated. So whenever you have time, make sure you visit it during your next trip to Zürich and if you don't, just buy the wonderful book and get a taste from there!

Please click HERE to see more of the book and the making of it and make sure to buy it just as a present for yourself or as the perfect gift for someone appriciating the luxery world of lovely writing, photos and bakery.

6 comments:

  1. I think that you will be very soon known as a bloger that people follow everywhere. Bravo Stina. Yes Sprungli has really improved even it has always been the best chocolate's and a nice place for tea or lunch a long the time before already.
    I travelled so much and you never tell wrong things in your appreciations around the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Uta, I already have readers from all different kind og countries and would like more or that. It gives the blog a dynamic and inspiring feeling to have such a broad source of readers.

      Delete
  2. You are so lucky- boxes of chocolates right from the source! And you are right: When in Zürich you have(!) to visit Sprüngli!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it and I am very thankful for it!

      Delete