Thursday, March 8, 2012

Unconditional mother

Sometimes I'm just so tired that I can barely focus my eyes or stand up. Our little beloved son has been sick for a week (stomach bug, the best kind) and on top of that he is entering that very special period where he has anxiety about being separated. I think I already had that period for at least one and a half months, because he cries as soon as I step two meters away from him, but apparently it's coming now again, stronger?! At certain points during daytime, I just realise that I have close to no energy left, that I could fall asleep on the spot. But then this classical little combination of some dark chocolate and a cup of coffee helps to squeeze out those extra pounds of unconditional love that helps you when time as a mother feels very, very exhausting.

15 comments:

  1. hi, where did you get your cup of coffee ?

    thx hope your son feels better soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you mean the porcelain it is from Jasper Conran.

      Delete
  2. Massvis med mammapepp till dej fina Stina. En liten tröst att det snart vänder igen. Efter en utveckligsperiod brukar det istället bli markant mycket lättare allting efter det, tills nästa period kommer igen;)

    Önskar er en fin torsdag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jag vet att det är så, och man har ju blandade känslor för samtidigt är det så oerhört gulligt att ha dem nära nära men man får ju ingenting gjort!

      Delete
  3. You know Stina without the little Alexis, I am so tired certain days that sometimes I am wondering if not ill...... so I can understand very very well how you feel it. The end of winter also and you travelled quite a lot these last times it's tiring also. You tell it because honest, but everyone is like you and nobody says that !! It looks that we are the only one tired, it's the same for me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, people are seldom honest with things like that. Hope you feel better soon!

      Delete
  4. Oh Stina, I remember the time when my elder son was so shy with strangers that he accepted only me and my husband... and I remember the tiredness... But it´s only a period - one of many periods a child goes through during his first years. I hope that the coming spring and warmer weather will give you new energy soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. in 15 years little A. sleeps till 11 o'clock on sunday...don't forget this :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trying to think about that also and appriciate this period!

      Delete
  6. Stämmer bra som LifebyTess skriver men samtidigt så jobbigt med sjukdom och att inte du kan vila eller sova normalt. Sen är det inte så lätt om man nu skulle ha någon som hjälp en stund när ingen annan "duger" än mamma, så är det ju och särskilt när barnen är sjuka. Hoppas det blir bättre snart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kaffe och mörk choklad, det är toppen när man är trött och behöver lite extra energi. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I remember these times...every mother does, I´m sending you some energy ;)
    My older son is 10 now and the younger is 4 and I still remember how it was...fun times (not)...
    Hope he feels better soon! xo Doro

    ReplyDelete