Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The work behind

We celebrated my mother's birthday a couple of weeks ago and M and I gave her a wonderful piece of art, coloured on a some soft silk fabric. It may be awkward for some to pay such an amount of money for something as little and as simple as a scarf, but when you know what kind of craftsmanship lays behind, it all make sense. And that's exactly why I love brands like Hermès to the tip of my toes. Because it's an unique piece of art and not one single one will be exactly the same as the other. Please take a look here for further understanding. 

UPDATE: Some of you wanted to see the pattern of her scarf, click HERE!

12 comments:

  1. Jag håller med - ett helt otroligt hantverk. Många tror att det här med att lägga mycket pengar på en enskild produkt oftast bara handlar om "skryt", det gör det inte.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nej, det handlar om att uppskatta sakers värde.

      Delete
  2. First, Happy Birthday to your mother a little bit late, but I completely agreed to offer such a beautiful scarf of Hermès to your mom, I am sure that she appreciated it a lot. Show us which design next time Stina. And we always always have to spoil a lot our mother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Uta, look at the post and you can click your way on a link to a picture of the scarf!

      Delete
  3. What a nice present for your mother. I also love my Hermès carrés and I appreciate the fine craftsmanship. Yes, please show us the design the next time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Längtar till dagen jag får äga något från Hermés. Det är något visst med hantverket, att någon lagt ner så mycket tid på en scarf eller en väska. Vill verkligen införskaffa mig en liten samling.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. b= beatrice. Sorry for the mistake ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Craftmanship? 3 and a half minute and I could have done it myself. You must be kidding....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jag äger en Hermés scarf köpt för många år sedan på Harrods....men varför köpte jag en med gevär på?!
      Titti

      Delete
    2. Memo: If you don't understand, then I wont try to educate you.

      Delete