Monday, October 8, 2012

The perfect wardrobe?


So for almost two full weeks, this is what I wore, loved, and actually understood it could be something that could be referred to as "the perfect wardrobe" when the rest of my life (closet) was packed in boxes.
For someone like me, owning a full, big room as a walk-in closet when I was 26 years old (I know, disgusting) and then went to two smaller rooms to a smaller walk in closet to the new closet M made for me here in Zürich ... I have to say that these 15 pieces made my life so much easier and I also came to the conclusion that with age comes maturity, and maturity implies knowing yourself and what you like and dislike. You don't need 30 of everything, it's more what you have and how useful and practical it is.
Still, I have more than three women normally own together, but nevertheless, I'm trying to reduce it and be very smart when I put something new into my closet. But tomorrow, I will complete this post with what exactly I had in it, because it really was suitable for more or less all occasions I can think of. I actually didn't miss much which was quite scary ...

See you tomorrow with the rest.


13 comments:

  1. Ska bli jätteintressant med en mera ingående beskrivning av vad du hade i ditt lilla garderobs-kit! :) Visst är det som du säger; att med rätt plagg behöver man definitivt inte lika många. Jag älskar kläder, men skulle aldrig drömma om att införskaffa något som skulle riskera att inte användas. Däremot vill jag gärna ha omväxling, även om funktionen är ungefär densamma. Därför köper jag fler plagg än vad jag egentligen skulle klara mig på, men så gör det mig också mycket gladare. Och det är väl så det ska vara; kläder ska ju vara ett glädjeämne! :)

    Kram!
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Oh Stina it looks that this beautiful fox gilet without sleeves is new and I do not remember of these nice Louboutin's boots. It's true that we need less but we can stop to buy as if struck by lightening...........
    In anyway your main clothes at the time being are so nice and luxuous than you can mix them for a while. I will also try not to buy too much this season but we leave only once and we never know what can happen ! XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Uta, we see things we love, and we FALL in love with them and can't get them out of our head until they are our ... I know, I know ...

      Delete
  3. I totally agree. Love your selection! I need to run now and redo my closet...:-)

    www.glossytimes.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although being not able to invest in such quality/designer pieces as you have, I try to shop smartly too. I tend to buy less but with better quality, for example I love to shop at Massimo Dutti, because it's quality is way better than Zara (and I think Zara recently raised their prizes a bit to high compared to the quality you get). As I go to quite many concerts/operas per month (about 10 I'd say) because I work in the cultural business, I try to have many things that I can dress up for the evening but also wear with a pair of good fitting jeans during the day. I don't know why, but recently I sorted out my closet and I now have a big pile of clothes that I need either to sell or give to the salvation army, but it feels great that I actually have now only about 70 percent left from what I had. I once made the same experience (on my semester abroad in France with one suitcase and 6 month) and I really must say you are right: having can be very refreshing and I love being forced to remix ;-)
    And now I'm of course very curious to see your pieces tomorrow!

    xxx Anita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very nice for you! Massimo Dutti is an excellent choice!

      Delete
  5. Interesting, my thoughts exactly - I try to buy little but of good quality and timeless cuts (if such exist). I used to have much more before but som much I never wore. Too much impulse shopping, too much money and resources down the drain. I guess we are becoming adults. Good luck Stina!

    MK

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, ser fram emot att se dina 15 delar. Alltid spännande att se när någon lyckas få ihop en bra och fungerande "basgarderob", något jag själv sällan lyckas med, inte ens när jag ska ut och resa... MVH Laila

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cant believe you are wearing wool, fur and coats, here it's still summery.

    ReplyDelete