Thursday, November 15, 2012

The camera

I very often get asked the same question: Stina what camera do you use? For me, there's nothing like Canon and I've used that brand for many years now. The camera body I currently use is a Canon 50D, but I've ordered a Canon 5D Mark II. I normally use four different lenses, but my favourite is a very heavy and clumsy 24-70mm USM, but extremely sharp. For easier pictures or when I'm too lazy to bring that heavy lense I use my 50mm and when I really want to be a paparazzi it's my 70-200mm f/2.8. For the times when I want to explore the nature in an extremely close up way, I take my macro lense Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 which is extra ordinary good.

A good camera will obviously make the photography more fun and better - but there's nothing as an aesthetic eye. I have people around me who are excellent technically, but if you don't have the creative side, it will not be that good nevertheless. Learn the basics about the your specific camera, read about how you get the light, ISO, sharpness, bookeh ... etc and then just have fun trying. Good Luck!

2 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing, I really enjoy reading your blog especially due to the high quality photos :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. God, you are so beautiful!!! Knock on wood!!!!

    ReplyDelete