Monday, December 31, 2012

2012

So this is the last day of 2012 my friends. And for most people, this day is filled with joy and parties, Champagne and fireworks, exotic dinners and dear ones. But for me this day also stand for life and the reflections of it. I always feel very deep, almost emotional because of all thoughts playing different scenarios in my head about the most important aspects of our mission here on earth and how to get the absolute most out of our time here.
Some hate this day. I like it, not only for the subjects mentions above, but I love the possibilities that comes from it. It's a great new start if you want it to be. I mean what can be more symbolic then a fresh new year? It stand for all types of new beginning and it's a superb time to change the things in your life that you don't like and do it in a new way with new decisions or just throw something in that you've dreamed for! These are vows you can take whenever in life of course, you don't need a new year bell to make it happen, but tonight has that magical feeling to it and i'm sure the universal energies offers something extra when a new year take place.
For me, i'm sure this year will bring so much, but in the same way there's a sad story to my feelings of this closure; and it's in the way life passes by in such a high speed. Since I got a child this is much more present and I can't believe I've been a mother for one and a half year already. It makes me scared in some ways, that life goes by so fast and the days just flies one after another.
I have some promises for myself this year that I will try to live up to. And others which consist not seeking anything, but more appreciate what I already have and try to be even more grateful for those, even if they're not perfect.

I'm working on a 2012, New Year conclusion for the blog, with pictures not shown. Stay tune for that!
In the meantime I'm curious to hear what you would like to change or get from this new year 2013 and most of all, I would like to wish YOU ALL a Happy, fulfilled, exciting and happily changing New Year for 2013! Focus on what you want instead of what you don't want and I'm sure this will be a year of beautiful surprises for all of us!
Remember; you will never get something in your life, without giving it first.

/stina

13 comments:

  1. Thank you for a lovely post. Feeling a bit sad and uneasy this was just what I needed to hear today. Happy New Year and may 2013 be a wonderful year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very Happy New Year to you and your family, I always get a little emotional and weepy at midnight, thoughts of time passing and apprehension about what the new year might bring - I always fear the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say, you are an amazing woman and blogger, I hope all the best for you! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gott Nytt År önskas till dig och din fina familj! Mitt 2012 innehöll en känslomässig tung period som sakta klingade av. Det innehöll också fantastiska händelser och nya fina vänner, insikter om värdet av gamla kära vänner och allt det här finns med mig in 2013! Dina tankar och ord har betytt M Y C K E T för mig under året som gått, all lycka till dig Stina!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post!

    I wish you and your family a very Happy New Year!

    - Dani

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're absolutely right Stina, being a mum does make time speed up! It only seems like moments ago I was changing nappies! Every second is special. Enjoy a very positive New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes I will try all what you said dear Stina. After a very bad year, I am full of hopes for a better New Year. I have to ! Of course, I wish you and your family all the best for the this new one, but I think that happiness has already knocked to your door. A very good M, a splendid Alexis and such a good family with "in plus" your beauty. What else? will say G. Clooney ? Big hugg

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2012 was a very good year for me. I don't have any new year's resolutions but I will write down every day something I'm grateful for on a piece of paper. In the end of 2013 I'll read all that notes and see how great my life is.
    Happy New Year to you & your family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy new year to you and your family!!
    I think 2013 will be a defining year for lots of people myself included. 2012 was not bad/not good. So much to do in 2013!!
    Best
    Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year to you and your family. 2013 will probably be better we hope so at least. Your wise words will help to keep moral! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Time flies doesn´t it! I think that I´ll try to follow Annelies example and write something down every day that I´m thankful of. What a wonderful way of ending every night by having a moment to reflect on something positive.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  12. I ended 2012 with a not so good feeling. After feeling a bit low and moody for the whole christmas-month, with a hectic time at work and backproblems, I had one of those not so good new years eve-celebrations. I just wanted to go home.
    I know that through difficult times comes sooner or later something good.
    I usually feel that a new year is like a unwritten piece of paper and I am full of hope and confident. I hope that my feeling will take another turn by time.
    Thank you for a meaningful blog.
    Best regards and new year wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Stina,

    I wish you and your family a great 2013! I also take the opportunity to thank you for a meritorious work with your blog - always a pleasure to read it!
    Andreea

    ReplyDelete