Sunday, February 10, 2013
What you need for 4 hamburgers:
- 500gr of minced meat, but make sure you get very high quality. Only beef, max 10 percent fat and buy it from a butcher or in a quality store, fresh over desk: it makes all the difference.
- 4 sets of hamburger bread
- bread crumbs
- 1 dl milk
- 1 egg
- 2 nice and tasty beef tomatoes
- 2 silver onions, or normal works as well
- 2 normal yellow onions
- Salty marinated cucumbers, a couple
- Pepper, Herbamare salt and some nice "herbes de Provence" or something similar
- Ketchup and mustard
- French fries, preferably home made
- 3 frying pans
Soak the bread crumbs in the milk. Chop two normal yellow onions very thinly and small. Put the minced meat in a bowl and add the onion. Press a garlic clove in and add a lot of Herbamare salt and pepper, herbes de Provence (add much more then you think you need, hamburgers need a lot of great taste. If you have some nice organic spice mix with paprika, onion, tomato etc, you can add that also). Add the egg into the minced meat and thereafter the combination of bread crumbs and milk. Mix it all together with your hands and make sure you have a nice, smooth and homogeneous paste.
Now, cut the silver onions in rings and fry them in olive oil. Sprinkle some sugar on top for them to really caramelise. Make them soft and juicy, but not brown. Cut the marinated cucumber in the length, quite thin and reserve them in a separate bowl. Cut the beef tomatoes right over the middle so they have that perfect round shape. Put them in a separate bowl and do the same with the salad, but just tear a couple of nice salad leaves off.
If you want to serve them with fries, make sure you time it correctly. Else it's time to start to heat the inside of the hamburger bread. Put the third frying pan on the stove with a high level and fry the bread's inside quickly so it gets a nice crust. Serve quickly by taking the bottom and spreading ketchup and some pepper at the bottom, hamburger meat, mustard, tomato, the cut cucumbers the fried onion and then at last a crispy salad leaf. Serve warm with some fries and ketchup. Nom, nom ...