Saturday, February 16, 2013

The most perfect of bathing suits

Ever since I wrote this very open post about how I felt about my life at the moment, I've also decides to try to do something about it. Small steps, but adding something cheerful every day.
It's hard to be super positive when your soul is grey and on top on that you feel nauseous from the minute you wake up to the minute you go to bed. Everything becomes complicated, exhausting and you just want to dig yourself under the earth somewhere and wake up when everything is gone.
But life is much more trickier then that. It's full of advertises, everyone made for you personal to find a way to get past, win over and develop from in every way possible. I know that but even the wisest of knowledge will sometimes be more of a enemy to you then help. But, let's get back to the topic.
So i said to my new found girlfriends here in Zürich, please drag me out of the door if necessary and let's all try to do at least one thing that is full of joy everyday. Big as small. These women are really so warm and nice and even though we haven't known each other for so long, I felt that they needed me as a new friend in their life, just as much as I. So two of us started to seek for the best Sushi place in town for example and I was so happy to have found it (been eating there four days in a row now) and then we decided to find a Pilates/Yoga studio and it looks like we've found a good one also and hopefully I will start there next week. We also went to the remarkable Dolder for a pedicure and a day of tranquility, but I got a migraine attac while doing so and needed to get back home, so that was not the best of days.

And so finely the reason why I've posted a beautiful bathing suit today ... Well, close to where I live, they have this amazing spa and bath, made for all senses, the mind and body. Every little detail is thought through and it's a pleasure for the eyes to enter. In some areas you can bring kids, even though it has nothing for kids especially, Alexis enjoyed all the beautiful light, candles, the heated water and all things made for us to relax from. But I realised that I needed something else then a bikini and because of this blog, I remember that some of my most devoted commentators, dear Uta for example, recommended the brand Eres this summer. I took a look, but at the moment I was just so happy to be able to wear my bikinis that had been left in the drawers the year before because of the pregnancy with Alexis.
But yesterday I went to Eres and my lord! Such a stylish, classic, old 70th's Riviera kind, this old Hollywood feeling of stunning shapes and models on bathing suits and bikinis! I loved it! I could have bought five of them but was aiming for a white, sensual and feminine bathing suit that would be practical for a place like described above, but also would suit my big Panama hat during summer in South of France or somewhere more exotic. Just imagine sweeping a thin sarong around your hips with this for an easy lunch with a sea view ...
I needed to have room for my belly growing at least a couple of more month. So after some trying out etc, I found it. So happy and the quality is just amazing. That really made my day, and hopefully today I will baptise it with my man at the same place, but without Alexis.

Have a lovely Saturday and apologise for last days bad quality pics!

(Click HERE for more Eres swim wear)

19 comments:

  1. Åh vad bra! Tack Stina! Jag har problem med ryggen och simmar för att slappna av och träna skonsamt. Jag har också simmat i bikini och det känns inte riktigt ok, så bart och heller inte riktigt som om jag "tränar". Jag ska verkligen kolla upp detta märke. De baddräkter jag har provat hittills har bara tryckt in det som inte ska tryckas in och framhävt de som helst inte ska framhävas. Du och din lilla kula ser fantastiska ut i baddräkten! Jag kunde inte kommentera från mobilen på ditt gravidinlägg, så jag passar på här - GRATTIS! Kram från Örebro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny,

      I felt very nice in this one, even though I've put on my weight and haven't taken my walks fro 3 month now, so I'm sure you are going to look stunning. They are quite expensive but see it as a long time friend and take good care of it!

      Best,
      stina

      Delete
  2. You look great in this swimsuit! Have fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you feel better soon! Last time it took me 3,5 months to feel good again. Love your bathing suit - it is so much you ;)
    And please tell me the best sushi place in Zürich. I love Samurai, but it is not really well situated. And I love sushi in Jelmoli. :) Where do you go? eka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,

      Thank you! With Alexis it took 6 month but I hope this baby will be nicer towards me ...

      I have tried some nice ones now, (we're talking lunch placed at affordable prices, not the evening restaurants because there I already have some nice ones) ... and the one I still find best is Jelmoli just like you! So fresh, excellent consistent, the wasabi is perfect colour and the ingredients are at top. So this is my all time favorite so far!

      Best,
      stina

      Delete
  4. Stina, you look stunning. What a perfect bathing suit!

    And I would also love to hear about the sushi place you found! :-) I am always on the hunt for good sushi but haven't found the perfect place yet. So please, tell us. :-)

    All the best,
    Rina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rina,

      Please see the comment above!

      Best,
      stina

      Delete
  5. Looks like the perfect bathing suit, so classy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous suit! I went to their website and am in love with all of them.
    Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ye Stina I am in love of Eres since a long time and to have lunch at beach or pool and now with your little belly!They are more elegant. I saw a new one this year (in French Elle) that they still have not received here, in pale grey with a white large band behind,and 2 fine straps also white. May be in ZH you can find it. Beautiful. (expensive also but you will keep it for years)
    It's not my business but I heard that suhsis (that I also love) are not recommended for pregnant's women ?
    Also there are many virus circulating at this time with the cold weather so if you go this beautiful place to swimm be careful after ......Well it was the advices of the Sunday !!!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Uta,

      thank you for giving me the advice, I will be a loyal customer to this brand for sure. In Zürich they actually have the model in the colours (grey/white) you mentioned but I wanted a pure white and this model fitted me better in my state as pregnant.
      Which models are your favourites and which colours do you have?

      I know, the recommendation about Sushi had changed throughout the years but now they say it's ok if you go to a high standard place where the fish has been frozen.

      Thank you for the consideration!
      Best,
      stina

      Delete
  8. That's a gorgeous bathing suit!I'm hope you start feeling like yourself again 100% very soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Slowly but surely!

      Best,
      stina

      Delete
  9. Stina for bathsuits I have of course 2 different black, a brown, kaki, dark violet with laces as well as an orange same one with laces in front. The bikinis are not suiting me really. I like this quality and have a H pareo according to each one!! I know it's a lot but as I said for lunch we are dressed in any nice place in the world! I adjust pareo following situation etc. Last january an american woman ask me where I bought these beautiful bathsuits! She said I will run to Bergdorf! Alll my best for your Monday Stina. UTA

    ReplyDelete
  10. P,S, As usual you look beautiful in this white (pure) one. I did not know it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really liked what you had to say in your post bathing Suits

    Bathing Suit Bikini

    ReplyDelete