Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Packing - Weekend

////WEEKEND packing////

So I was just looking at the forecast for Florence the next coming days, and it's the worst weather ever when coming to packing for a woman. Sunshine, about 15°, but also rain and colder evenings and winds.
I hate packing, especially with these circumstances and my man want us to travel light. In other words: he wants us to travel with only hand luggage. Nightmare for someone like me!
But what I do try to focus on when packing light, is the colour palette I want to bring. Sober and neutral colours are obviously easier to combine with each other then crazy patterns and shades. For the more lively colours, I go for a few things instead and even so, make sure that they fit the other things for a nice end-result.
But this sort of light packing allows me to be smarter then ever and with a growing belly my options are not that many anyhow. But two coats I will need, traveling in one and bringing the other (simply because they both are so perfect and stunning). So one black and one orange, both in a lovely, pure cashmere. Two different colours of sunglasses is also perfect and these can be matched with more or less everything.
Three different sweaters/cardigans will follow. One black in cashmere and one grey in cashmere/wool blend and a leopard coloured cardigan. They cover the preganancy pants elastic part at the belly and then I spice them up with some nice bijouteri not to be too average. These lovely necklaces comes from a designer I found in Bellagio in Como last summer.
A nicer, white silk top, a bit thinner for a dinner with a dynamic necklace, it will work perfect with blue skinny jeans and those knee high, suede boots. Comfy, casual but yet chic and elegant, but wearing a nice bag and a nice coat - you can get away with most outfits!
So for those spring days with lovely mild temperatures I will wear my Chanel flats (or sport jogging shoes if my SPD/foglossning, is really bad) and I also have that lovely and thinn wool cardigan from Diane Von Furstenberg in leopard to match with most things. Another great thing to bring, is a nice cashmere shawl. This black I wrote about here and it's so wonderful. Very long, but thin and perfectly warm. I'll have it for the colder evenings and on the flight.
One pair of pregnancy jeans, skinny in model from H&M which are soft as a pair of tights plus three different t-shirts in the same palette as the other things. I usually buy tops and t-shirts from COS.
For bags, I'll travel with the Hermés Birkin bag, my lover, except for M himself. Nothing can go wrong with this time piece on your arm. For evenings I have the classic Chanel 2.55 with gold hard wear. We have made reservations for some of the best restaurants, but my luggage can't afford to pack different dresses for all of them and high heels to go with, so one dress will serve me for the most fancy of them. This one I love for it's original patterns and it's very comfortable model, from Diane Von Furstenberg.
So! That's it! my God so few things, but surely all my traveling have made me a good packer. I always over packed before and took so many things with me wherever I went. But age and a some sort of matureness have taught me that you can have just as much fun with fewer things, if you work them out well. And like always, nice accessories, shoes, bag and a coat - will take you very far on it's own!

Buon Viaggio to us!

(Let's hope my strong desire won't fail me and sneak in one more thing here and there before departure ...)

23 comments:

  1. Jeg må spørre deg, når du reiser med dine eksklusive saker, sender du dem i innsjekket bagasje da? Eller har du alltid det fineste i håndbagasje? Nå skjønte jeg dere skule reise med kun håndbagasje denne gang, men ellers?

    Jeg skal på fin restaurant på reise men vet ikke om jeg tør ta med YSL-vska i bagasjen..

    Tusen takk for en kjempefin blogg, forresten! Elsker sånne innlegg som dette, og mamma-innleggene :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I normally travel with the most expensive bags as hand luggage, if it's a direct flight, i'm not taht worried, but if there's a connection somewhere, I'm always worried!

      Thank you for reading and commenting!

      Best,
      stina

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful dvf cardigan! Is it from this season? Best regards Johanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,


      No it's from 3 years ago I think!

      Best,
      stina

      Delete
  3. This is perfect, Stina!! I can't wait to see pictures from beautiful Florence, and how you decide to build your outfits. Buon viaggio :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will! I have my mega big camera (phi, so heavy though ...)!

      Best,
      stina

      Delete
  4. All gorgeous, have a lovely time !

    I love this type of post - more please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice that you enjoy them!

      Best,
      stina

      Delete
  5. A beautiful collection. The orange coat reminds me of Audrey Hepburn, unexpected chic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,

      Oh yes, it's a super chic and very nice coat. Look here to see it on!

      http://awomanalifeablog.blogspot.ch/2012/10/saturday-in-orange.html

      Best,
      stina

      Delete
  6. We always take two huge suitcases with us, because we like to shop for clothes, when we're abroad.

    I don't look for luxury items, well, I can *look* at them, but just can't afford to buy them. :) So, I mainly choose an array of affordable items with interesting cuts and fabrics, and "jewellery".

    Have a great vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds great! Style doesn't always need to be super expensive, style is something you have, create and something you carry as a woman, mostly in the personality!

      Best,
      stina

      Delete
  7. Stina, your choice for Tuscan and Florence is perfect. Colours going so well with the light of this beautiful country. And there, as soon as sunshine comes it's warm.
    I am also packing for NY (the nightmare of MY husband also) but I take only black and white because same temperature than here and there I can buy and a lot.....
    When do you leave ? I presume that you go by plane.
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uta,

      Thank you, I think it will work out fine!

      Black and white is perfect! I wish we where going to NY. Fab!!!

      We're leaving .... NOW!

      Talk soon!

      Best,
      stina

      Delete
  8. Big hugs a kiss to Alexis and have a very good travel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the reply, Stina.

    I Love Your Blog, because, as I said, I like looking at clothes, but also, because you're a gourmet chef, and, most importantly, you enjoy life to the fullest.

    Your blog is quite different from all the rest,
    and always fun to read. :)

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Many thanks for this posting. So much inspiration to take out from it regarding the basis for a nice wardrobe. Because even if my budget is not on the same level, I can be inspired and just adjust it to my brands/budget. I really like the necklaces!

    Whish you a fantastic trip to bella Florence!

    Kram

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jag känner till det där problemet med ljuma dagar och svala kvällar. Jag var i Rom för tre veckor sedan. Men bra knep är att ha en vinterkappa för kvällarna och en trenchcoat för dagarna. En svart klänning som man kan variera med smycken och kofta/kavaj är också bra. Jag ahde med tre par skor men gick mest i mina ballycurlingkängor...inte så chict kanske men när man promenrar mucket måste det vara bekvämt och de är i alla fall roligare än "gympadojor" vad rekomenrar du för skor att gå i förutom ballerina?
    vad har du för makeup och hudvård med dig? Tyccker det är kinkigt när man reser med handbagage och inte får ha mer än 90 mls behållare..
    Kul inlägg! Tack för en inspirerande blogg!JW.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hej Stina,

    Gissar att du känner till "The Mall" utanför Florence, där alla outlets ligger. Helt underbart! Har köpt många Gucci väskor, scarfar mm där! Halva priset. Me Like!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Buon viaggio! I used to live in Florence and it is truly a magical city. Enjoy your time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, vad kul att se din resegarderob och hur du tänker med accessoarer och att få till rätt kläder för alla tillfällen. Ha en underbar resa och hoppas ni har mer bra väder än sämre. (Imorse hade vi -10 och snö....). MVH Laila

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Stina,

    I found your blog only yesterday and must tell you: your beautiful coats are such an inspiration for me! Your photos show me that I need to wear coats more often.
    They instantly give you a glamorous attitude.
    Greetings from Zurich Goldcoast to Zurich!
    Claire

    countessclaire.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just what i needed to see since I am going out to treat myself with some new things. Was a long time ago but I finally hava some insiration! Sun is shining and I need to add to my basic wardrobe. Love how u are celebrating the coats, that is so much more important to an oufit and ogten the piece I do not put money on since I have been a student. But time to change that!

    Also wanted to ask about the pink/orangea necklace in the picture. Where is it from? Saw it on instagram and I love it!

    Have a lovely trip!
    Going to venice in june and would love some tips!

    Best regards

    Josefin

    ReplyDelete