Saturday, March 2, 2013

Shinjuku

On Thursday I needed to visit the absolute best sushi restaurant in Stockholm. Shinjuku on Artillerigatan, just 200m from Strandvägen up the hill. The commodities are always of excellent level and the creativity of the food is mind blowing. I love the different rolls they do on the minute and who can ignore the charming service of the two owners Yang & Göran?
The restaurant is quite small, so if you expect a table at lunch you might find it crowded because of it's popularity, but you can always call and reserve a table or pick up your dinner on the way home, although you need to eat your dish within an hour, else Yang will curse you. His sushi is made to be eaten as fresh as possible and he will certainly remind you about that.
I truly recommend a visit, the only problem is that after you've tasted his way of handling this art form of raw food, you will be extremely picky in all other places you visit. I still I haven't found anywhere else around the world which can live up to his standard.

7 comments:

  1. It is seldom than Alexis likes already sushis at his age.... Bon sang ne saurait mentir ! XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved the post. i like to read ur highlights in the cities you've lived.

    best
    Derya

    ReplyDelete
  3. loved the post. i like to read ur highlights in the cities you've lived.

    best
    Derya

    ReplyDelete
  4. And we went to Ginger in ZH tonight :) Warm regards from Zürich! Eka

    ReplyDelete
  5. Måste provas nästa gång jag är i Stockholm. Älskar sushi. Tack för tipset! MVH Laila

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that place as well. I started going there after You wrote about it a few years ago. Everytime I am in Stockholm I go there after going to my hairdresser Rezze who is just up the street. Thanks! /Karin in Lappland

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will definitely write it on my Stockholm-list. Does Alexis like sushi? That's really interesting, a new ("modern") generation of children :)

    ReplyDelete