Friday, March 1, 2013

Zürich airport

When Linnea and I left Switzerland with our children, I've already told you that our foggy mummy-brains had booked two different flights the same day, although we had planned in advance to fly together. That was the whole point as two mothers with two children makes everything much more fun and easy than one mother and one child. But our destinies decided to fly Linnea away many hours before, which sort of left me and my son in Zürich airport for seven hours to get by.
I've known since flying millions of times back and forth to Zürich that the airport is very nice; luxurious, convenient, clean, proper ... in other words; very swiss. But I always arrive at the last minute and only have time to go to my gate and that's it. This time, with all of this time to spend, Alexis and I really explored every little hideaway and all corners possible and I have to say that Zürich airport really has a lot to offer. The child room for example, with a convenient nursery, play area for small and older children, restrooms for the parents and the children, breast feeding areas and possibilities to buy nice baby food, warm your own food and have all cutlery necessary for children. The place also offers high fashion brands like Hermès, all different watch brands and jewellery brands, Ralph Lauren, Gucci ...etc.
But the thing that impressed me most was the place photographed place I found when going left after the the security. A healthy, super inspirational and wonderful market with a fresh bakery, fresh fruit, vegetables, healthy and fresh food, smoothies made to order and all things in clear bright colours and very well done aesthetically. Swiss prices of course (which means expensive) but not extremely expensive and I'd rather buy this sort of rather food than a dry sandwich, with a sustainability of three months, wrapped in a plastic package. Check it out if you're flying from Zürich next time!

12 comments:

  1. I like it very much that your chanel-bag, is an every day bag for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is! That's why I chose the material Caviar for this one. I wanted to be able to wear it exactly everywhere!

      Best,
      stina

      Delete
  2. Yes me too I Love our airport. Stina, I have the Same LV bag, but i do not Take it with me when travelling alone with my son. Because you can not Hang it over your shoulder :( How do YOU make it? I Love it but I Need both of my Hands (( eka p.s.: always Waiting for your posts!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My God it was complicated let me tell you! The Keypall is so stupid in that way. Luckely Alexis walked most of the time but there were times I had him on one hip, the Chanel on the other and I don't know where I had the LV to be honest!

      Best,
      stina

      Delete
  3. These pictures are so nice, it could almost make me like this airport.... But it's not my fault, too many bad souvenirs...
    I only like the "salons" of "business" or "premiere" which are very very excellent... food, and little rooms to rest etc.
    The picture with Alexis into the chariot with your fur collar and the bags is fantastic. But it's true that I find already my Chanel's bag so heavy in town plus the LV to carry on, plus Alexis... madonna you are strong dear Stina, nowadays I need a little roller (even of Prada) to put my current things to travel. XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Salons I've been to when going with M, but they are quite hostile towards toddlers so I prefer not entering them. I do understand that high traveling men and woman might not appreciate a lively kid, but that's also life.

      A roller would be very smart! I've seen some super stylish ones o ostrich material that I might get.

      Warmth,
      stina

      Delete
  4. I simply love your pictures (you're such a great photographer) and your wording, Stina, thank you for yet another inspiring post. But still, I long for some fashion-related posts, since I'm definite that you don't lack any style as pregnant with nr. 2. I hope to see more of you as we know you, and your impeccable sense of fashion.

    Wish you a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your wish is my demand! Thank's for sharing!

      Best,
      stina

      Delete
  5. I agree with johanne...more fashion pics please :) would be an inspiration for pregnant women.
    Alexis looks very much as you father

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See the answer above! Thank you!

      Best,
      stina

      Delete
  6. Det är lustigt, jag tycker också om flygplatsen, men en gång blev jag matförgiftad där när jag mellanlandade från en resa i LA, och fick sitta på ett pyttelitet propellerplan hem med illamående och magont. Det har jag kopplat med denna flygplats. Och det var från den där fina disken jag handlade. :) Tänk vad minnen kan göra...

    ReplyDelete