Friday, May 10, 2013

Horses and memories

I don't know how many of you know, but part of my younger life was spent with these creatures. The love was the greatest at the time, and no boyfriend in the universe could steal my heart from that hazelnut robe and those big, dark eyes that always had time to listen and understand. We ate cheap, tasty noodles in the stable's kitchen, heated in a dirty micro wave, imported from Asia and talked about horses, horses and horses. Even now, in my older days, I dream of the day when my life will have time to take up this passion of mine. Until then, it's moments like this, in the nature, with one of the most beautiful creations universe has put here on earth, that will give me a wonderful feeling of being close to the real and authentic.

(this beautiful cashmere poncho comes from Davida.se - here)

12 comments:

  1. Gosh - I so well know what you're talking about! Thanks for sharing, especially the fox brought back most wonderful memories of my adventures in Great Britain. :D sincerely yours, Macs (www.macsblog.at)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  2. The best friends if humans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. But you dont look very natural with these beautiful horses. Is it for the picture?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it's not very natural to even comment such a weird accusation. 1. I don't know these horses, we passed them by when talking a walk, 2. I haven't riding or taken care of horses in 15 years or so, 3. I do have a lot of respect for horses I don't know.

      Delete
  4. Love horses and been riding for many years. Now i play Polo here in Italy. So pretty pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Polo, wow, that sounds very complicated to learn but interesting!

      I've seen Polo in the countryside of England a couple of years back and It for sure something amazing!

      Delete
  5. I ride two horses for 3-4 times per week. They have such a natural elegance and ductile moves.
    I love it also to ride just for myself along the rape fields to clear my mind. Thats really relaxing.
    Greetings
    J.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stina, please ignore the jealous comments about the horses, your dresses, anything. It's very obvious that you are a happy and a wonderful person who loves and who is loved.

    I always enjoy your Geneva photos - I am a Genevoise living in the US, and they remind me of home. Thank you for sharing your life :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stina, please ignore the jealous comments about the horses, your dresses, anything. It's very obvious that you are a happy and a wonderful person who loves and who is loved.

    I always enjoy your Geneva photos - I am a Genevoise living in the US, and they remind me of home. Thank you for sharing your life :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, it do surprise me sometimes with the sort of comments but at the moment, I seem to have one or two persons who come here, look for something to be irritated about, and write something totally unnecessary. I do publish them, but they sort of speak for themselves in weirdness if you ask me.

      Glad to be able to give you some lovely dose of Geneva though! Thank you for reading and commenting!

      Best,
      stina

      Delete