Monday, May 20, 2013

The love for nature and everything that comes from it

One of the best things by coming to Geneva from time to time, is not only to meet my mother and father in law, but it's to have the nature so close. Outside the door actually, with the convenience of the city just a 15 min car drive away with all of the nice shops, restaurants and the more pulsating atmosphere.
Since I was really young, my parents always drove from the city of Stockholm to our country house with my sister and me and I loved it. The "big" garden, the nature, the forest and all the horses, the fields and the beauty of the big and lively ocean just a couple of minutes walk away. I think by presenting us to explore the beauty of both worlds so early in life, it became something natural and a way of living where we actually had in some ways, the best of both.
Until this day I am exactly like that and the need for both environments are so strong that they can't even compete with each other. As a matter of fact, they belong together and one would get boring without the other. So I love being here, enjoying the real, unprocessed food and grocery's from the market or neighbour's next door. We eat by the season and we enjoy food that taste like it should, coming from the earth, less perfect in shape and colour maybe but a true explosion in the mouth.
As a vegetable lover, well actually a lover of all kind of nice quality food, I pay true pleasure in this kind of lifestyle and I have to say it's easier to find the alternatives in Switzerland in average then around Stockholm, which is such a pity. It's more expensive choosing these alternatives and that is somewhat sad, but then at least you know it will do your body good and all the senses will be so much more fulfilled, you don't need to eat as much.
For me, nothing is better then a well composed dish of ingredients with fresh and tasty vegetables, potatoes, seeds and a nice protein source- where they were brought into the household from a short distance, coming from mother nature and being served well cocked and beautifully presented. Ahhh, it's already watering in my mouth and I just had lunch! For me this is the true luxury of food and being a gourmand.

8 comments:

  1. So nice family's picture. I presume tomorow you will be in ZH again for the job of your love. iIt looks a very nice part where family of M is living in Gva! Is it far away from town?
    Hugs
    Uta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Uta. M's going to Paris actually but I'll stay in Zürich! Horrible weather though ...

      Hope you are fine and in good health!

      Delete
  2. I totally agree with your opinion about self-planted fresh fruits/vegetables. But i think that a lot of people only want to have pricey food, so the quality goes away.
    Last year i tried to plant some salad, cucumber and tomatoes and the taste was so absolutely delicious. Nevertheless, it was a lot of work, because you have to treat those plants very well, and sometimes, i totally forgot to give them some water... If i ever have a bigger garden, i would like to have a separate vegetable patch!
    Enjoy the treasures of the nature,
    All the best,
    Lena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DREAM of my own garden, my own house and all of that so i could grow my own things, flowers and vegetables. But I know it's a lot of work. In the meantime we can try to support the smaller farmers, biological growers etc and eat by the season!

      Best,
      stina

      Delete
  3. Uta writing. Sorry have not very well read that town at 15 mim from house!!
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Stina,
    I just wanted to say thank you for keep sharing glimpses of your life with us. I am a few years than you, just turned 28 and I have sometimes been asking for advices about life and other questions that arises when getting closer to thirty. And you have given me very inspering answers. Since I am a little later in my jouney in life I love to be able to go back and search among the old posts and find inspiration and clever words from your past that fits my situation right now. Of course I do love to follow you in your everyday life as well but it is such a bonus that I can easliy go back in the blog. It is almost lika having a very clever and wise older sister. Thank you for keep om sharing and answering questions in the comments field, even if the subject are dresses or the meaning with life.

    I also would like to say that I appreciate the fact that your subjects and your posts in the blog often get me to think about something later on, after I shut down my lap top. There are several blogs that just gives you a rush for the moment. Like eating cheap candy, and the aftertaste is not that nice but your blog is more like fine choclate that lasts longer and make you fell like you actually juat ate something fantastic and the taste tags along during the day. I am sorry for my english, but I hope you get the idea.

    Have a nice Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for this comment Josefin and I'm humble to be seen as you're online bigger sister!

      I think we can all learn form each other and I'm not afraid of sharing small parts of the wonderful but also the harder parts of life. It makes me grow and If I can inspire people, it's only a plus.

      Lots of love and never stop developing and growing!
      Best,
      stina

      Delete