Friday, July 5, 2013

Local capris and herico verts sallad

A couple of days ago I was by my self here and I prepared this delicous and super simple salad with capris from the local store and fresh Hericot verts for lunch. Normally a sallad wouldn't be enough for me as a lunch and I would eat it is as a starter, but I made this quite heavy in ingredients so it was perfect for these warm tempereatures here.

For the dressing I used this very strong, typical french mustard and blended it with a nice olive oil, salt and pepper, the way M's mother very often do. Then I added some tasty tomato, really good tuna fish which was conserved in olive oil, loads of capris, some chopped onion and potatoes and Herico verts I pre-boilied. It was soooo delicious and the saltiness from the capris among the sweetness from the tomatoes and the strong mustard blended so well. I finished it all!

11 comments:

  1. It's so hot what can we eat more right now!? Today was difficult to beat for me me....
    Best
    Uta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Uta, 28 degrees inside the house during night (!!!) and around 36-38 degrees during day!!!! Phuuuuuuuu

      Delete
  2. Oh, I loove that dressing! It is also very nice to add a Little bit of honey to it. Love your Pictures, as Always :) have a nice weekend!

    All the best,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! It gives it a hind of sweetness!

      Delete
  3. "Salade aux câpres et haricots verts"? :) Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no the salad is with capris and HERICO verts...she wants her son to speak 5 languages and doesn't speak 2...and cannot google the spelling of a word...hmmmmmmmm

      Delete
    2. Emmitska: exactly!!! Nom, nom!

      Anonym: Get a life!

      Delete
  4. Alone did you say??
    For a while I hope so!
    You salad looks almost French or Italian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only for a day!

      It's very French indeed!

      Delete
  5. Hello Stina I only read your blog now friends told me and I like it vety much.
    His your husband leaving in Provence?
    You look beautiful even pregnant and it's a pleasure to follow you from now.
    I leave in Spain and will folloe you for sure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to this blog!

      No, my man comes from Geneva and we live in Zürich, but this is his and his parents summer house in South of France.
      I'm from Stockholm, Sweden and spend a good amount of time there also!

      Best,
      stina

      Delete