Thursday, August 15, 2013

Swedish forest

You know you have some of the days in the life we live, which are just extraoridnary beautiful. When you feel like you are here, living in the exact moment and feel real and true happiness for everything that is included in your life.
When Alexis, Mr Tiger and I went to the forest, just around the corner from our country house yesterday morning, it was just like I was hit with the reality of all emotional feelings of gratefulness. I have so much to be happy for and this little boy of ours is such an endless source of joy. Being with him as much as I am, every day and most hours - it's the greatest way to realise joy and to find laughter in the smallest of things. He teaches me so much about life, what there's to learn and what's important for a human to feel balanced and happy.
Being surrounded by this magical forest that the swedish nature offers, well, it's just quite something. The fresh rawness is flawless in its imperfection and you just drop everything there and then to smell it, feel it with all senses and listen to the sounds of the creatures living in it.
We went searching and eating the best tasting blueberries there is, directly from the earth, eaten at the moment you pick them just natural in size and taste.
No wonder there's so many stories created with the inspirations from this environment. Walking around here is like re-living beautiful and captivating fairytales and when the sunlight shines through the high tree tops, you can't do anything else than smile and say thank you to mother nature that still, in this modern society, can blend us with this stunning reality of the world and make us appreciate the greatness in the simplest of things, free for anyone to adore and find energy from.
This is the forest I grew up in as a little girl, just like my sister. We came to the country house every weekend and stayed here all summer long. We had so many adventures being played here and seeing my own child jump around and explore the same path as I have is so unbelievable. And soon I'll have two boys and my man with me when we walk these fascinating and mythical places.

31 comments:

  1. such a beautiful post !

    you are a wonderful writer,

    sending you lots of love from switzerland

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dear Jill, take care of Laura! Big kiss

      Delete
  2. I so agree with you! I also need my 'daily dose of forest', luckily we have them here in Finland too, just like in Sweden. Once again, thank you for your wonderful blog, it's such a great inspiration for me. Lots of love for you and your family!

    Minna from Helsinki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and commenting and enjoy the forest

      Delete
  3. great pics and great way of writing.

    Derya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sensational post! thanks for sharing all this beauty-Alexis is such a wonder ,God bless him,best,Lana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visst är naturen underbar. Och så mycket blåbär ni har! Här i sönder frös riset sönder när snön försvann och det ändå var så kallt, så här är knappt några bär alls tyvärr.... MVH Laila

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a lot actually, we also been walking around the small roads here and picked wild raspberries. delicious!

      Delete
  6. Beautifully written, it's hard to capture such feelings with words, but you did it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Underbara bilder på Alexis i den svenska naturen. Han ser nästan ut som Elsa Beskows Putte i blåbärsskogen. Tomtebobarnen kan dyka upp när som helst bakom en sten. Vilken förmån vi har här i Sverige som kan gå fritt i skogarna tack vare allemansrätten. Britt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW!!

      Funny you mention that, when i took the top photography , when he looks so small in the big forest, that was exactly what I had in mind. I wanted to take a photo which reminded me about that story!

      Delete
  8. Han har verkligen blivit stor er "lilla" kille, som att han nu växer in i rollen som storebror, är så jättefin! Och väldigt vackra foton!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Monica, yes he truly is a little boy now.

      Delete
  9. It is such a precious time that you have with him, of course it is wearing, but you must remember how lucky you are. I worked while my children were small and I regret it every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very lucky, it's veeeery hard work from time to time, much harder then working and even saying that I've worked very hard in my life. But being a stay at home mum is 100 percent more intensive and you never have a break. But I love it and it gives me so much knowing that I give, what i consider, the best to my child. Time and presence.


      But don't regret it, I'm sure oyu had your reasons, do the best of what you have now instead.
      Best,
      stina

      Delete
  10. Such a lovely post! These pictures are just beautiful -- your forest is magical!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That forest looks so idyllic and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, best source to find balance and spiritual peace!

      Delete
  12. Is the summer house nearby the ocean as well or is it a " forest house" ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have the best of both..., so we have the fierce and dynamic ocean just a few minutes walk from them house, just like we have the forest. Will take picture and show you soon.

      Delete