Sunday, September 1, 2013

My body

Ever since I came home from the hospital, I've had severe migraine 24/7. That sort of migraine, I've luckily been able to abandon during my pregnancy. This one is the sort where you feel like you been massacred inside your neck, scull bone, and behind your eyes with a knife ten thousand times per day and there is nothing you can do to make it go aways. Since I breast feed I can't take my normal morphine medicine when these attacks arrives so I need to use the simpler Paracetamol, Ibubprofen and Citodon. I had almost forgot how my normal days where, because for some reason, I always feel better in it when I'm expecting a child.
This migraine attack might be because of the Epidrual or just mainly because Leon and me sleep together during nights (he refuse to not have skin to skin contact) and my sleeping positions are horrible for the neck. And like all small babies, he is up mostly during nights and wants to eat etc. Poor sleep, weird sleeping positions and no time for rest - well, it's like making the dow for a migraine cake. Voila!
I hate that I have migraine and that many times my body is working against me instead of with me. But one thing I'm more then grateful for though; the way it just put itself back to shape after each birth without me needing to do much.
I mean, this is my body after five days!? I saw it this morning and I was like; how is this possible? It surprises me so much how it just is an expert in getting back to shape.
Of course most parts are soft, but even so. It's truly amazing. So my body is marvellous and horrible at the same time. I guess I need to have it like that to really appreciate all the wonderful things it does to me.

15 comments:

  1. Helt utrolig å se, Stina !

    Du så jo nesten ut som du skulle sprekke på slutten, sånn magen din var, og nå ser du bare ut som du har spist en god middag :)
    AMAZING !

    Håper virkelig du slipper disse grusomme migrene anfallene....slitsomt...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Stina , you look absolutely wonderful, and at the same time I feel so sorry that you suffer again from this severe migraine. I hope you will feel better very soon. Thank God M. Is on your side. He must be very proud of you. All the best for you and your beautiful family. /B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It ist not so importend to have the perfect body after birth and 5 days.Don't make this stress for you and other woman in your situation...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Stina, I hope your migraines settle soon. I had terrible migraines after both my babies, I think it was the big shift in hormones after the birth. They did pass eventually and I remember that the stronger anti-inflammatories like indomethacin and diclofenac did help. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quite amazing looking and yes that is indeed a recipe for migraine right there. I hope it passes soon Stina.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, well, this first period with a newborn baby is not easy and we grow to like these moments only afterwards, when the kid is a bit older. The migrane surely doesn't make it easier to take, but luckily time flies by...The routine of the first months has both pros and cons - it kills you, since everything is so borning and predictable, but it also makes it smoother and nicer to survive. Also for our bodies, which are very brave during pregnancies and afterwards. Try to have as much rest and sleep as possible and we will be waiting for more news and more great outfits here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hej! Jag fick en så kallad epidural headache efter förlossningen, hoppas det inte är det du råkat ut för det är verkligen hemskt. Om huvudvärken blir värre när du sätter dig upp så är det antagligen det. Jag fick en sk blood patch treatment men koffeintabletter ska tydligen också hjälpa. Hoppas du mår bättre snart!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry you have to go through these migraines, I had a migraine once and I thought I was going to die. It is certainly a lot on your plate to deal with that and the needs of a newborn. Thank goodness you have M there with you. I hope these migraines pass soon. On a brighter note, you look fantastic!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have very good genes Stina!I look the same this morning after a weekend full of delicious french food;)
    Hugs,
    Lena

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would say exactly like Marta dear Stina.
    Hugd
    Uta

    ReplyDelete
  11. P-S. i also think the samething than Lena.. You look only to have eaten a little bit too much!!
    Happy girl really..,
    Uta

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am SOOOO HAPPY for you and your beloved family, my dearest Stina <3 Leon <3 is beyond precious! May the hands of the guardian Angels always keep you and your beautiful family healthy and safe <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Har du provat Volatren? Eller Eeze? Det brukar funka mot migrän!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Min vän har tidigare kämpat med svår migrän i flera år, där ingenting har hjälp. För ett par år sedan följde hon dock rådet att sluta äta socker och kolhydrater (inkl banan).. och har ingen migrän överhuvudtaget idag. Tråkigt att inte kunna äta fantastiska bakverk och en god pasta.. men hon kan njuta mer av livet. Kan vara ett tips om inget hjälper, eller iallafall dra ner på intaget ett tag.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Stina, I hope you don't mind that I suggest something so personal. But as a doctor may I suggest that you could visit a doctor/neurologits for your migraines? There are many solutions available now, you just have to find what fits you the best. But excuse me if you have already done that!

    ReplyDelete