Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Toddler bed

So a couple of days ago, I told you about our new Alexis-mission; to go from a baby crib with closed walls to this more toddler style of bed where there's an opening in the middle.
The first evening we made sure he was presented well to it, he helped me make the bed, put all his animals to sleep in it and we snuggled up with a book and sat in the bed reading. Since M is the one taking care of Alexis during night time, putting to bed but also manage the nights if there's any problem (I have Leon during nights) we hoped it would go flawless but expected it to be a couple of days where he adapted to this new setup. And the first nights he woke up, went up, cried and was just confused and had a little bit of trouble finding the peace, but after about five nights he now as accepted it completely and seem to really like the fact that himself can snuggle up in his bed, also during daytime when he feels like it.
I think this model is very practical, it is a bed that grows with the child and it's adorable for babies but I think it looks very cosy also for toddlers. You can actually extend it even further. So we're extremely happy with it!

And I haven't told you what was in the parcel from the swiss based Sture & Folke - well this handmade (!!!), cosy blanket that I intended to use as a bed cover instead of just a blanket. I really like how it looks. I know you also wanted a discount code on them and of course I'll see what I can do!

UPDATE: Unfortunately I could NOT get a discount code for you, but the owner promised to send a little hand made shawl to all of you who will buy a blanked instead! 

(bed: STOKKE & blanket: Sture & Folke)

20 comments:

  1. It's a very welcoming bed, I'm sure he feels very safe nestled in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful room with a handsome small boy.

    We had Stokke also and my daughters really did like it. Both had their own ones. I remember my oldest daughter being confused also after we did remove the side away but after few days we did hear every evening "tip, tip, tip..." She was trying so quiet as possible to walk to the living room door and was watching us from there with a smile in her face:D

    Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh that has happened to us also! I woke up one night with Alexis standing next to me saying "mama" half asleep half awake!

      Stokke makes incredible things! I love their trip-trap chairs also!

      Delete
  3. It looks lovely. Our daughter has had the Stokke bed since birth and loves it. When she was smaller we had the mattress board on the lower setting so that if (when actually!) she fell out if bed it was a smaller fall.
    Did you buy the grey braided cushion in Zurich? Do you know the brand?
    Kind regards
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlotte, no sorry these are custom made from a wonderful store in Stockholm.

      Delete
  4. Is it some kind of closing-mechanism, or aren't you afraid he will fall out during his night sleep? It certainly looks like he's enjoying it though, he's probably realizing more and more how his becoming a big and responsible big brother, and that it must be nice to get the feeling that you get something for your own that looks more "mature" :) I'm glad he has adopted well to it!! He becomes more beautiful every post, truly a charmer!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first nights Johanne I knot a shawls from one side to another and went into the room like ten times to see that he was not on his way out of the bed. But since he did not, I ttok it away and he sleeps so well now!

      Thank you Dear!

      Delete
  5. I got a similar bed when i was i child and have it still now. Love it!Alexis seems to enjoy a good bottle in bed;)
    Hugs,
    Lena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all LOVE a bottle in bed no?! Blink

      Delete
  6. Oh what a nice bed for Alexis, it looks very secured inside and I almost would be also inside like a cocoon.... Alexis is becoming a very pretty toddler. Nice room also.
    Hugs
    Uta

    ReplyDelete
  7. What nice colours and the pig - just LOVE IT!!! /Laila

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Most times the pig has a diaper on because Alexis think he poops a lot ... ha ha ha

      Delete
  8. maybe a little bit to high? I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We use Stokke for more than 2,5 years now. Stroller, crib, changing table etc. But the best product is the stroller and the crib of course.
    I have seen Leon in his crib at Instagram. Love the Koeka lining too.

    Would really love to know where you buy the kids room interiors and especially your favourite brands.

    Best regards,
    E
    Ps: would be fine if you could get a discount code for the blankets. I cross the fingers. Thank you :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leons interior we bough here in Switzerland from a internet page and the bed linen we bough in Germany in a little store close to the car-train when we went up by car to Sweden.

      Very nice things!

      Unfortunately I could NOT get a discount code, I asked but the owner promised to send a little handmade shawls for the kids with the blankets when buying one.

      Delete
  10. Love this Stokke bed - we bought the same for our little one. And thank you so much for Sture and Folke - ordered a blanket from them :) Alexis is too cute! Love your blog, dear Stina!
    Eka (from ZH)

    ReplyDelete