Sunday, December 1, 2013

First Advent

On Saturday morning, M took our eldest and drove down to Geneva to see his parents and give me some peace and quiet. Unfortunately both Leon and I were feeling soso but anyhow, it was nice to have some exclusive time with my youngest. Since it's officially the first weekend of Christmas, I went and got this handmade, lovely traditional Christmas decoration handmade by lady here in Zürich. Before we had Alexis and Leon, I wanted this time of the year to be stylishly decorated in silver and white, but when you have kids you want to give them everything magical you can and for children Christmas is red so let there be red. I love the small Bambis in this creation and can't wait to surprise Alexis when they get back home with warm and cosy candles, a little first advent present and my homemade safran rolls!
Ohhh, this little cute and chubby person who gives you the biggest smile as soon as you give him a little glimpse is to die for! I love him to death and just feel so blessed to have two healthy, beautiful boys!
Trying out this amazing and handmade necklace in sparkling black stones. Perfect for all celebrations coming up, but I actually prefer to wear it dressed down on a white t-shirt or like with this grey wool sweater as on the picture. It's a young and talented Swiss designer who makes them and I really love it. I wore it on Saturday when Leon and I went Christmas shopping and three people commented on it. It's simply stunning. You can find it here.
Street style this weekend, wearing my beautiful fur from Yves Salomon, Céline shades and Louis Vuitton Alma BB bag in black. And yes, the warm UGGs, but let's ignore them.
Hope you all have a wonderful first advent and take advantage to really decorate your home, eat christmasy things and enjoy all the people you have around you. I feel like this time of the year is also a great reminder to be grateful for everything you have, all the mistakes you've made and grew from, all the adventures you have in front of you and the blessings we have to do better when we know better! Warm hug to you all!

37 comments:

  1. Your Uggs looks just fine, you know how to wear them chic;)

    I love December and specially Christmas and all it blingbling and good food in old fashioned way:) My children have grown up with knowing that it's magical, beautiful time with all jultomten going around invisible:D

    Have a nice first advent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And your son is supersupercute!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Thank you for the comment about the uggs, and yes! Christmas is the children's time and we owe it t them, to create something warm, loving and magical!

      Delete
  2. The Uggs look super with the shorter coat. I didn't like them with the longer coat, but they look really good with this one. Your table decoration is very sweet and your little baby is absolutely beautiful. So chubby and cute. Children are such a blessing and so enjoyable despite the hard work aren't they. Enjoy the festive season. Tonkath

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for these kind words!

      Delete
  3. Wowee what a coat, first dibs on this in a few years time if it ends up in your shop! ( seriously doubt that will ever happen but God loves a trier!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God for sure loves a trier! Love it! Ha, ha ...

      Delete
  4. Fantastiskt fint, varmt och klokt inlägg! Och vilka foton, underbart vackra. Leon är toksöt där han sitter så snällt:) Tacksam för så mycket här i livet, vilket man alltid kan bli påmind om. Som att vi läsare får ta del av en liten men oerhört tacksam del av ditt liv. Allt det bästa till dig vackra du. /Din nya frisyr är perfekt enligt mig, så stiligt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for being such a loyal follower Dear Åsa!

      Delete
  5. All beautiful : little so cute Leon, bambis around the event decoration, your Hugs with this short Salomon's wonderful fur coat, yourself so pretty.. Happy family really.
    Your gold blanket on bed is very sexy! But with white pillows etc and black back of bed it's a nice decoration. I would not dare it but in the bedroom it's allowed ..... It's not my business at all.. i only give you my appreciation which is not the best for sure!
    Big hugs
    Uta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Uta, I never saw it as sexy, but maybe you're right! Fun to have someone objectives point of view!

      Hope you're in good health!
      Hugs,
      stina

      Delete
  6. P.S. I forgot to mention that I loooooove your necklace as you said on a simple grey, black or white t shirt with same colour of pants or even a jean, it's stunning.
    Uta

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fint skrivet. Önskar dig o din familj en fin och glad adventstid.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Warm and loving hugs back to you dear Stina.....& happy December!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Christmas decoration, it is beautiful! Leon is adorable, he is such a cute baby!

    Your outfit is amazing! I love the fur coat together with the black Alma BB, it looks amazing and so chic! The Alma is that a new one as well?

    Happy December!
    Tarand

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tarand: Maybe .... I thought the model was so perfect and black is always black!

      Thank you for these kind words!

      Delete
  10. That baby is completely adorable. So cuddly and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the fur and the bedroom décor. :) I would need a bigger handbag though for going shopping, but the combination would be ideal for going out. I love the belt and the bow at the waist.

    Being a practical person, I'd love to know your basic grocery list, and how you can easily whip up healthy breakfast and dinner for the whole family for a week. I'd also like to know what kinds of hats are In at the moment, and which ones are you wearing for those cold winter months?

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like some good tips on that too, what to wear on your head during these cold days. Although I look absolutely ridiculous with whatever head piece, I have learnt through the last years that it is the only thing to keep you completely warm! What do you ladies wear that is as chic and elegant as it could be..?

      Delete
    2. Hi NK and Johanne!
      I can recommend the Badland hat from FWSS (see link). I have them in almost every colour. I find them warm, cosy and chic!

      http://www.nathalieschuterman.com/se/product/category-accessories-accessories/fwss-badlands-hat-badlands

      Delete
    3. Ladies: I normally wear a soft angora basket or something like on the post latest, a cooler cap. But i actually think there are quite nice model of a normal head thing also in the all time classic model. Buy one in cashmere, not too tight though or swirl a nice, warm scarf around it a la 70's, that I've done many times!

      NK: I'll try to write a post about it!

      Delete
  12. Spending the Christmas season with little children is wonderful. I really enjoy your beautiful post: Cute little Leon above all, but also lovely Stina. And now I am sure that I will buy the Alma BB as well ;-)
    Hugs B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Alma and you will too!

      Thank you for those kind words!!!!

      Delete
  13. This is a great look on you! I do not have a problem with the Uggs in this combination at all! Have a lovely Christmas time with your family.

    MK

    ReplyDelete
  14. All lovely photos, I love Christmas time! Leon is so adorable! That centerpiece is just so sweet, and I love all the details in the up close photos, the soft little fur on bambi. Just lovely, all of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh, the Bambi, we will soon start looking at Walt Disney's version and then he'll love it even more!

      Delete
  15. Leon is adorable!

    Hugs, Karina

    ReplyDelete