Saturday, January 25, 2014

S and L and M

I owe these two girls so much. Sure I've got to know a lot of wonderful women and men here, but these two are also mothers (of one daughter each) and I've spent most of my every day with them talking about life and motherhood, sharing advice or getting someone to talk with during the harder times.

They showed me around, made me LOVE Zürich which you tend to do when girls like these show you all the hidden spots of mindblowing restaurants, cosy cafes, doctors, dentist, where to find a butcher, buy the groceries, the bio-store, buying nice kids things, the best fashion stores, how to get around, hair dressers, etc etc.
From this post that I wrote about one year ago when I hated being here, to a feeling that Zurich is my second home - well without them life wouldn't have been as much fun!
So of course we had to capture as yet another lovely time on pictures. Unfortunatly the random man on the street had no ide how to manage my camera, but nevertheless, most memories are saved in my brain anyhow!

Love you guys! Can wait to spend part of the spring and summer with you are your families!

11 comments:

  1. I am almost a little bit sad that you will leave Zurich after having got familiar with the city and having found these lovely friends only within one year! You are really a very lucky person. I wish you all the very best for your move and I am looking forward to many nice posts of your new home! B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS: I love your outfit and you are so beautiful with your new haircut.
      Your friends are very pretty as well! B.

      Delete
  2. Hi Stina,
    I found your blog as doing my homework for next Sept when my family and I are moving to Zurich. I have mixed emotions but I'm trying to be positive and open minded. Like you I'm starting from scratch! If you have time can you pls do a post where you share all these essential places and addresses eg. bio store, beautician, playgrounds for kids, indoor playgrounds, coolest cafes etc etc. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suspect you are moving back to Sweden. Why else would you leave all this...? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. where are the poor girlfriends without Hermès bags?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stina is pointing out the good qualities these girls have and how they have helped her. Positive surely? I guess we all move within our own 'station in life' doesn't mean we don't value those people. We just tend to gravitate to those who can enjoy and afford to enjoy the same sorts of leisure pursuits as we do, an in whom we have things in common - whatever that may be, rich or poor. I do get your point though and am a bit over handbags as some sort of badge or signal about financial position. Kate

      Delete
  5. Spot the professional out of the 3!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a gorgeous bunch you are. Love the orange bag.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of course you are the most classy girl even pretty girls. I dont like the wearing if your beautiful friend...
    These cut jeans with highs heels boots hum
    Cheap. But it's my opinion only, and you are so stylish and of good taste...
    Anyway you look so happy all of 3, so good friends that this is the most important.
    Friendship so close it's a joy for the hear!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just of curiosity, Stina; did you know these ladies from before or through other friends, or were they also some of those who contacted you through the blog in order to "welcome you" to the city? Anyhow, it's really nice to be able to make such good friends in a short period of time. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun together also in the years to come, no matter where you live. Hope you're having a good Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice, all of you!! And so fun everyone has same style but mix it different :) And I LOVE your new hair <3 Do the girls have blogs/ instagram? Would be fun to follow them aswell ;)

    ReplyDelete