Thursday, July 31, 2014

WEDNESDAY LIST

It's been a while since the last Wednesday list, so I thought it was time to answer some questions we've all been waiting to get the answers on, right?

First of all, Stina, how are you? - I'm ok. Thank you for caring. Life is v e r y intense at the moment with these little two monkeys, ehh, sorry, boys. Alexis comes in and out of different emotional and developing phases and trying to find himself as a bigger brother, a task he does not always like or appreciate. And Leon is just all over the place, touching things, moving around, cries often when we leave him alone in a room or put him down on the floor. We have a lot of cosy time together, but's hard work and constant work. No time for rest at all.
We haven't got our nanny yet, she is stuck in Russia and the progress is so slow, it drives me nuts. I need help for sure. M works a lot and some days I go insane. Others I'm trying to remind me that this is such a short and precious period of my life, one of the best probably and I really try to live here and now, nurture them with my love and constant presence and just take one hour at the time.
I find the hardest part to find out what to do every day? With the age difference, something that is not too complicated to get to, pack all things etc but that Alexis likes but Leon can be amused by also.

Describe Alexis and Leon? - Alexis completely and fully understands English, French and Swedish and talks a lot, mostly English and Swedish but the French is coming. He is normally a sweetheart but tries and test us many times per day. He has loads of energy, normal for small boys I've heard and even though you've played with him like crazy, he comes home and literally climbs on the walls, sofa, tables ... He loves cars and films and sleeps half of the night in my bed. He is sensitive, strong minded, loving, wants to help an be a part of everything we do.
Leon is a chubby little sunshine normally and crawl around the whole house, stairs and loves being next to Alexis who doesn't appreciate that very much, yet. So a couple of punches and fights every day is common. Leon want to be part of everything and cries if we leave him by himself. In South of France he was totally different and played a lot by himself, but since we got back home he changed.

How is the house coming up? - Well it's a big house so it takes time. We go room by room but a lot have happened since we bought it even though it's just as much left to do. We're waiting for our hallway to be ready with a glass stair coming up. I'm mostly focusing on the interior part and M does all things around. It's coming around nicely and I love it! Truly! My closet is the next project I'm waiting to be ready but it will probably take another 1-2 month until it's really there for all my things to live. Our kitchen chairs from Italy I also wait for, they've taken forever to arrive. We ordered and payed them in October last year ... I mean, don't even ask. Hate that company.
We want to build a pool eventually when the boys are not too small, if we still live here by then that is. Something tells me not.

When will you start working again? - I will tell you all about it soon! So excited for that change, it will be something I've never done before, combining motherhood with working! Can't wait but also feel sad to not have my complete freedom and all the time with the boys. Double emotions which I'm working on. I'm sure though it will feel like holiday working after being a stay at home mother for three and a half year!
I start in the mid September and as I said, will tell you more soon!

What do you want to get for this autumn, fashion wise? - Black wedges from Isabel Marant, new boots with a twist, the perfect boyfriend jeans, an awesome new cashmere coat, some lovely sweater ... But before, I have to rinse even more. I have too much of everything already. Don't like that feeling.

What is a promise you just did to yourself? - Taking at least 40 min for myself without the kids per day. starting today. Haven't done that ... ever I think. Also giving my spiritual averseness more time. Taking time for things that really matters, that I need for my inner wellness. Life is so hectic right know and there's so many things going on at the same time, I need to be fit in my body, mind and heart to cope with it all and stay strong and focused in it. I long for easy going evenings where I can just read a book or watch a film. Not happening right now.

What do you don't like with your life right now? - That I have literally no time, energy for my dearest friends. Even a phone call seems almost impossible. I long for dinners, cosy talks and a everyday life full with friends.

Talk soon!
(pic from last wknd's country side lunch)



23 comments:

  1. ...perhaps little A is hyperactive ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not at all. He can sit an rest for longer hours - when he is stimulated like all children, boys as girls. It's a fact that small boys has more energy, physical energy then small girls and it's nothing wrong with that. They actually get calmer in puberty when girls tend to have more brain problems for their parents.

      Delete
  2. Hi Stina,
    I know exactly how you are feeling (I have 3 kids with a husband who works long hours and away a lot) It's good that you have insight into your situation and know that this time is very short in their life span.I would like to recommend a programme called Super Nanny on Channel 4 UK Please try to watch it .(i player perhaps)You will find some useful tips on child rearing.Even if the social situation is not the same as yours,the discipline of children is the same in all walks of life! My best to you. Stay patient.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stina your little monkeys sound full of energy and so smart! My oldest two are just two years apart and this sounds so familiar... of course it does go by so quickly as you point out and I think taking the day hour by hour is very wise.
    I spent loads of time at the park when my children were that age, of course their playroom was very important as well. We had a beautiful wooden train set that they both loved and that took up many happy hours. I think about that time and my heart melts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh sounds so nice!

      Yes, Alexis is perfectly normal - aLL boys are normally full with energy and liek to play around and have ants in their legs. I'm not at all worried, love his positive energy, but just sometimes I am tired myself!

      Best,
      stina

      Delete
  4. Yes may be little A is a little bit hyperactive. It's good that you got a house.....
    I had neighborgs with one of the child like this, they had to move to a private house,
    Best
    Franca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Franca,

      Normal boys (and sometimes girls, I was most definitely a girl with A LOT of energy) have a happy, full with energy body who wants to test, clamp, explore all things around. It show intelligence and curiosity, both ingredient which will be very useful when they grow up.

      Delete
  5. Don't think little A is hyperactive, he sounds like a normal boy who is exploring the world. Some kids do it more actively than others, children are individuals just like us adults.
    Hang in there Stina! And enjoy the time you have with them. I do understand though your longing for some "me"-time, and think it's really important for us mums to get it. Specially when things sometimes happen so fast we rarely "hänger med", as we say in swedish ;)
    Loads of kramar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Gonza,

      yes, you know what you're talking about for sure. I'm not AT all worried. He is super normal, just me who is often tired.

      Big hug,
      stina

      Delete
  6. @Gonza: I agree with you. As soon as a boy is a little bit more active the people directly gives the label 'hyperactive'.... Really csn't understand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's soooo sad. It's because people like to put others in boxes, it makes it more convenient. My mother works with children with CP, Assberger, ADD, etc etc and she's been doing so for the last 30 years, so I am not worried at all.

      Delete
  7. he hit his little brother, he can't sleep one night...sorry, this is more than a normal exploring child.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hitting his younger sibling is more then normal, Alexis just turned three years old and react on jealousy. All kids around, boys as girls do the same towards their younger whne they try to take their things etc, or when they try and tests limits.

      Most kids under five years old wake sup during night and come to their parents. It shows a normal developed child who is still very young and seeks comfort.

      Hyperactivity is misused often and not to seldom on small boys. Alexis can sit and watch a movie for one and a half pout without a problem if he got rid of his normal,, boyish energy before. For someone not used to small boys, it can seem un-normal ok, but since I know are very familiar with small boys from my own, my friends, kindergarden etc, I know that small boys SHOULD be very active and have a lot of energy, be curious and want to explore - it's the biological way they are made. We just need to learn how to stimulate them correctly!

      I have zero worries for Alexis what so ever, he who's all the right ingredients to be a well behaved, kind and thoughtful boy.

      It shows quite some un-education to try to put a child in a box or under a label with some word from a blog, I'm more worried that humans out "there" is so quick to generalise or make assumptions to be honest!

      Best,
      stina

      Delete
    2. Good God, I hit my nephew when I was young and he came to stay - there are only three years between us -I was sick with jealously even though I had yet to learn the word.

      Delete
  8. Please, one sleepless night does NOT a hyperactive child do. Neither does the fact that he hit his brother, which is normal (to a ceratin point of course). Now, I don't know what experience you have of children, but I've seen and been with a lot and am quite familiar with them and their behaviour.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor Stina, all what you said with honestly about children is badly interpretated!
    Of course Alexis is full of energy like a healthy boy all these stupid comments....
    Hugs
    Uta

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally agree with your answers Stina!
    Exactly, we just have to learn how to stimulate them correctly. And it's very sad that people just label others after a brief description about how things are in general.
    Kramar, ta hand om dig!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How come you do not have time for your dearest friends, when you had friends over at your place in Sweden and France almost every weekend during the last half year?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jag var själv hyperaktiv när jag var liten och är också en tjej. Sprang lika mycket om inte mer än killarna och det är när ens kropp behöver mycket rörelse och aktivitet. Det behöver jag idag också och det är också en typ utav drivkraft. Min mamma tyckte det nog var lite jobbigt och då vill man lägga över det på en diagnos men snälla gör det inte för man tar illa vid sig när det egentligen inte är något. Alla är vi olika och det yttrar sig på olika sätt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey stina, have two Little Girls in the exact Same ages than Alexis and Leon.it is totally the Same!!!please ignore the stupid comments. These People are Not in our Situation.they World Never ever Way this if they were. I looooooove ur Blog so much and Been following for 4 years now. Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG, what? Hyperactive????
    Haha, of course your boys are totally normal, they are happy little boys!
    And you are so right about the alone time, this is what everybody should do, mothers, fathers, everybody. Just to get your world in the right perspective.
    I´m in the same situation like you, mother of two boys, husband working a lot... I feel you girl. Boys are active ... plus mine are talking all the time ;) it will get better with age, until then... a glass of wine here and there helps, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stina, your beautiful boys are highly intelligent. I can see it just by looking in their little faces. And why wouldn’t they be, given the wonderful, fun, adventurous learning experiencing you are giving them every day. They are taking in so much each day and processing all the learning they are doing, so it makes sense that they will have moments of meltdowns because there’s so much on their little minds. Lots of quiet play, with sand, playdoh with all kinds of interesting shape cutters, building toys, a tiny portable pool, little cars and trucks, arts and crafts, lots of cool books to look at ... No forced quiet time. Best thing is to provide some of these things, to always make them available, and they will naturally gravitate toward them and they will start to spend lots of time just playing quietly. This is very important to start to build up their attention span, which will be very helpful for school

    ReplyDelete