Monday, December 1, 2014

Light Detox

This weekend was quite special, not only for the obvious reason of the beloved Christmas, but also because I got a delivery to my home of 12 fresh juices from Juica (i choosed the version Mjukstart) with the intention of starting a juice-detox. The goal was to completely live on these six juices/day for two days, but I know how sensitive I am to lack of energy (food) and also had a very strong migraine attack two days before so I was planning to do a light version of it, meaning eating very healthy small lunches and dinner but nothing between that ( I normally eat three real meals and three-five smaller snacks per day).
The detox went perfectly fine but gosh was I tired, a little but grumpy and honestly, I fell asleep three times per day. But today, Monday I feel so refreshed and my skin is really glowing. I'm still tired and EXTREMELY hungry but I do find it very important to cleanse the body from time to time, especially for me who takes migraine medicine often and will probably to this regular a day here and there. I ate normal food also, but as I said, only vegetables, grained couscous, only one coffee in the morning (i know it's forbidden but I had to chose between that or taking some medicament for my headache) and ate a banana also and drank herb tea in between. The juices tasted special but nice and I am so happy I did it. Thank you M for supporting me as much as possible!

5 comments:

  1. Courageous Stina! I could never do that particulsrly with juices for stomach and intestion....
    Good luck and bravo.
    Hugs
    Uta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I did a 3 day juice cleanse (4 juices a day) and strictly nothing else recently. I felt amazing, and the skin does glow, you're right. Apparently it's very good to do them at the changing of the Seasons. I may do another one coming into the New Year, I can't give up all the delicious food at this time of year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been thinking about trying this but I am afraid of starting to experiment with food. Isn't it better just to try and eat healthy as often as possible but always give your body enough food and energy?

    Please check out my website www.modevarlden.se for a lot of outfit and interior inspiration.

    /Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree with Johanna.

    ReplyDelete