Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Thoughts


Okay, what's hunting me?
First I need to say that I'm truly honoured, grateful and so humble to have all of you loyal readers and followers throughout these years. We've shared so much together, sometimes the comments and the interaction between us all is what I long for the most. I have some sincerely intelligent, world citizens collected in you guys and I get inspired by the life and the comments you so kindly share. I know It sometimes takes a week before I respond to the comments. I apologize for it, my strive is to do it every second day, but we can't always do what we feel like and time is for me something fragile and less of.

Many of us is constantly striving to feel better and to be happy. We're running around in circles trying to find love, more time, happiness and balance and looking for ways to do whatever there is that can make us feel all of the mentioned. While desperately searching for something to fulfil us, the more we get lost and not too seldom, loose the whole point of living. Balance, love, health, happiness will never be found in things you look for. It will suddenly show up the day you decide to slow down and filter out everything that distract the mental peace.
We all search for balance, but truth is that balance isn't anything searchable. It's something that comes automatically when the mind, heart, soul, body is in a beautiful symbiosis with each other and that seldom comes out of things we might think it comes from. It most certainly doesn't come from needs to fit in or being constantly manipulated by others peoples pretentious happiness.
It comes from nothing complicated. It comes from a feeling that you live a TRUE life with TRUE meaning. It makes itself visible when you let loose of everything destructive and surrender yourself to the simplicity of just being. A respectful person, a mentor in your own life. Without the abruption of constant distractions to your brain and mind. It comes from silence and moments when you do absolutely nothing then realising how free and relaxed you feel from the world around you right there, right now. When your actions in life stand by the fundamental values you firmly know is correct.

This post probably wont come as an surprise for all of you who been around me some years. I hope you all know by now, that behind some photos of a woman and parts of her life, there's something more. With a greater depth and a need to observe, write, analyze, change, get better and develop. To sum it up, I would go as far to say it's the main core with me, the human being, living and a long journey of the body and soul. To stand up for the possibility to be you, not anyone else. And to always be sceptic to things that doesn't really feel absolutely accurate inside your belly.
Humans, our brain and the power of us has always fascinated me. I realised far earlier then many, the strong impact our thoughts had on our reality. The Law of Attraction was nailed inside of me before it even became a book so many read and started living by. I early wrote regular about the energies and the law of universe in a daily life and how to think to attract certain things in your path and i did so, because i had a urge to also spread some form of inspiration, a sense of meaning, rather then just posting a picture with unusable information.
When i started blogging, there was a few really good ones out there, built out of quality and the need to create something for readers in the cyber world to take part of. Not like today, where there's just so much of everything, one gets tired just trying to find the gold among all the rest.

Unfortunately today, most people are fine with being just observers, turning into copy cats and they don't understand the great advantage it is to be unique, free in mind, open minded where you strive to really find yourself and work hard not be a follower, more a leader of the life we all are blessed to own. Too many are just trying to be/dress/write/do thing in a way like so many others, originality is hard and unique to find. Anxiety might be the cause of this, we genuinely love ourselves too little to dare doing things the rest don't.
The things is, I often question this sorts of revealing it means, being an author of something exposed to the world as a blog is. Especially today when there's so much of everything. I'm a person with a strong integrity, that dislike people who just take after others and as a conclusion, doesn't think for themselves. I don't like mainstream or when people just become a reflection of someone else and this world is built on the belief of unreal safety or yet again, anxiety, the fear to not fit in or achieve what everyone else has. It feels like the humans are just cloned from a pack of people which dress/think/are/talk like everyone around. I mean, what's interesting with that? It's just so obvious and It gets me depressed feeling those vibrations to close. That's why I try not to confront me with more of that then I absolute have to in my everyday life. Because it makes me all confused and I start doubting the humanity and what we are here for. The world is narcissistic and very egoistic. Me, me, me and me. A complete need to be seen. Again, I know i'm a part of it but I'm also aware and doubt its greatness.

I don't like how sick this world has become with all these blogs and Instagrams, iPads and smartphones. It actually disguises me and I do feel I'm on a such important journey in my inner self and spirit and this is destroying us as humans. I see it everywhere, wide and clear. Nothing is new, everything is already shown and done. I mean how many outfits and females trying to pose like a model do we need? With no substance behind it. Just showing off something that is shown in more or less the same way by thousand others? It's such a brutal world of people who wants to be seen and witnessed, I find it has gone bananas and I reject it. Maybe not always in person (since I do write this blog), but in my quite mind I am in a war with myself and what I see and sometimes take part of.

So my thoughts are all messed up and yet I do it. Write this blog. Why? The question in my head is more present then the opposite I can assure you.
So why do I continue? I guess simply because I've done it for almost ten years, it became such a normal part of my life and there's still a small side of me who likes the process of it. When I feel like I'm doing it for the right cause. Many things in this world is too beautiful and too lovely not to capture in a photo. And what shall I do with all photos if no one can observe them? I also have a daily need to create, too write and express myself in some form. But the trouble of finding a balance, coming up the the answer to the question why I am part of something I often dislike, troubles me. I rather post nothing when I have to go through phases like this then post something just because of. Quality always goes before quaintity. Except for time with children. There quantity always goes before quality when we're talking about the general presence.

It's a bitter sweet fact when I post a small corner of my new Walk in Closet in Instagram and there's some Hermés boxes and it gets insanely many likes, while when I write something small of actual value, it gets maybe 150 likes. That conclusion is - what in life do we value? Someone show a close up of a designer bag and the world of likes goes bananas.
Why are we seeking so much approval and confirmation of other people? To the extend that we live parts of our lives reading about someones else's. That many scroll on Instagram accounts for probably a couple of hours (I don't and haven't been doing so for almost a year) per day when putting it together. I'm taught that the we are greater as individuals then getting stuck in patterns and routines that doesn't bring us anything of great, strong value. Because we are here and should analyse everything, specially when it's so adapted by so many so fast. It's scary how easily we get used to new ways of just giving our time and ourselves away.
And what does all of these pictures really bring us? It's just another way of distracting us from who we really are in ourselves which in a way is impossible to find out if all you do is looking at other peoples life. Everyone is just trying to look like someone else, taking inspiration and putting it directly into their own life even though the original idea is stolen from another person. Honestly, what's cool with that? And do you feel better when you've been inspired by all of this? Probably not, it most certainly just makes you feel like you want more of the materialistic and luxurious world and that everyone else is living a greater life then you are.
If we would get more then just artificial things, maybe I would get it, but it really just distract us. How many outfits, selfies, pouting with the lips, Birkins, Chanel shoes, outfits, Svensk Tenn Dagg vase, Celine bags, stileben of expensive details can we see before it's enough? Is it really that amazing? No it's not. It's just copies of everything, over and over again. Same things in multiple versions. 
Haven't anyone seen or taking advantage of anything more real? Things that bring you something worth living for, that will challenge you, progress you and change your mind to something more fascinating or interesting? Inspiration that will take you on another journey, one no Instagram accounts or blogs can ever generate? That comes out of the true interaction of people and meetings, of energies and atmospheres?

You see, I am very honest and frank with myself as a person and I don't take bullshit from anyone, least not from myself. I analyze my own way of acting and my behavior to the inch of my toes. So I question why I do it strongly.
If I get criticism, I might stand up for my own mind and feelings, but yet I take it all in and try to see the situation as objective as I can and every time I learn something by it and feel I'm humble for learning more about myself and my flaws, so I can do better when I know better. So naturally I hate when it feels like I'm in a conflict in my own head, when what I do doesn't reflect what I think because I don't approve of the attention seeking society I see so much around us. Therefor I sometimes come into these phases, where It all feels like a circus and I feel like I'm more intelligent (most of us are) that just accepting it and know too much then being a part of it all myself. At times I want to shut my public life down, if not for a clear and relevant reason, but to be a role model for something I believe in. To show that even If have many benefits from it and love it in a way, it's not who I am and what I stand for. I think it is crazy in many ways and I can't help myself feeling sometimes ashamed. Life though has taught me to always dig deep into myself before I even open my mouth about others and think greater of my intellectual then to judge something strong and verbal when I have a foot inside it myself. That's the problem in all of this, and that's why i need to write this post. To tell you all that I'm aware of the fact that I'm a big part of this myself, either I like it or not, but it hunts me.

For me blogging has always been about captivating beauty and life in one way or another. To give out something of greatness. It's the clear reason why I love to blog when I travel, lived abroad or when the weather and environment is tempting and gives you something out of ordinary. I could't be more bored of everyday life and take very little pleasure of seeing it in millions of blogs and Instagram accounts with no respect for the picture, the art it should be publishing things to be exposed for so many. I truly think and fear we get stupid by all of the unreal fragments of impressions we, without a though behind, let the mind and brain take part of. Very few of us uses a sharp and sceptic filter, we just feed the mind with whatever crap there is in front of us. We have and give us no time for boredom and flows, the natural energies that comes out of nothing when the thoughts runs without distraction or continues breaks. All we see is things and things.

I know many likes it, they say they do it when they haven't anything else to do. But why do we need to have something to do all the time? I have to question it. I can't get it? Do we feel alone if we don't? Like everyone is part of something we aren't? Is our own reward system so use to daily positive feedback from what could be said as quite meaningless smilies and symbols with a short comment of some nice word which often actually has no pureness behind it, isn't that rather sick that we seek it so much?
I try to take part of all of this as little as possible and it's a choice I did a time back. It's the reason why i hardly read any blogs (except my friends) and those few I give a couple of times per month to read through properly, they are always something unique with an artistic influence that I demand. Like a good book and you stop reading it with a wonderful feeling inside of you. Like you want to concur the world and do great things.

Life and what we nurture it with should not just be accepted, improvised - it should be chosen, we should go through everything that exist and never settle for random things to just follow and watch. It's maniac. It should only take of our time and thoughts because we think its really worth it. Maybe you do think is pleasant at the time, but does it give you anything long term? If it do give you great things, then please continue, if it doesn't, then honestly, think about what you could get from life if you didn't give all your precious time it demands watching over something with no relevance.
The filter need to be stronger. Because cultural things, and blogs and Instagrams could be seen as being part of a cultural phenomenon of the 20-th century, are meant to enhance us in one way and wider our mind, not make us feel like we're just taking part of the mass. The exclusivity is for me no longer what you do show, rather everything that you don't show. Just like exclusivity is for me rather to not always be available, but to communicate when you will settle time for being present. Time is more precious then that. We need to be selective. We need to use our intelligence and question everything that is a mass-behaivior. Very much for the simple fact that everything nowadays is overexposed, overused, nothing is secret or exciting when it's everywhere. Neither places, clothes, things or quotes. We have to judge ourselves and see how sick the world are in a way.
I often wonder what will happen with all of those young people growing up in this era of life. That grow through likes in a internet/phone world that isn't real. When you are so use to feedback, how will your life be impacted a day when you no longer get it? Will you feel like you've fallen? That you are no longer anyone?

I questions all of this so much, you ave no idea. Every time I post something that in my mind has no direct value, I feel like I'm too good for this. That i'm eating a huge bag of candy even if I know it's doing me no good at all. That I've taken part of something that's for many got out of hand. Because even If I am part of it also, it is so stupid, we can't just accept what has become. We have become observers of others life instead of voyagers of a life in reality.

I hope you understand my lack of precence sometimes and my absent better? I wish I wasn't this complicated and could go on doing this without any thoughts behind it like most do, but that's not who I am unfortunatly.
I won't stop blogging, I wish I could do it much better though where focus is even more in the artistic work and beauty with constant reminders of the true meaning of life. One day perhaps, when I have more time again.

We're all in this, but at least we need to stand by the awareness that this is not sane, it will never fulfill us or make us better as humans or finding the things in life that will bring us love, happiness, balance and time - most things that we need to be in peace with ourselves. It will never teach you how to love yourself or strengthen the realization of the capacity we all have inside of us when we listen to our own small inner voice that whisper so quietly it can only be heard in silence from everything else distracting us from being our true spirit.
I will do my best to stay outside of this yet with a foot inside like always. We can't neglect the reality in our society but we can't just do what everyone else is doing just because they do it. You understand what I mean? Often I feel like many would sell their soul, just to be exposed and seen wherever and in whatever. That' can never be healthy.

Have a wonderful day and please reflect over your own behavior, good things comes out of changing. I don't expect us all to stop using things in media, but if you're grown up enough you need to keep this in mind. For your own life and the life you're reflecting to your children.

/yours stina



39 comments:

  1. Stina I often think the same things, I look at instagram and the millions of blogs and all of the young kids attached to their phones (including my 12yo daughter) and I think, where is this all going? It's like a giant social experiment which could be ruining our minds, we don't know the outcome and won't until it's too late to change.
    We need to be careful for our children, and I am often nostalgic for the way things were... every young mother I see on the street these days is on her phone while strolling with her children or at the park, I feel like shouting at them to put the damn thing away and look at their child's face, how are emotions, feelings etc supposed to be taught?
    So much has changed so fast, my son who is nearly 22, none of this was an issue, it's more of a concern for my 12yo but even with her I was able to keep from most of it until just recently (and ALL of her classmates and friends have phones with insta, snapchat etc etc). Makes a social life more painful too for those kids left out who can see minute by minute what their friends are up to.
    Your blog is very different and I appreciate the beauty you show us, a meal, your gorgeous boys, celebrating a life in love with M, or even a dress/bag because you have such an interesting eye for fashion and mixing it up.
    Thank you for blogging even with these feelings, honestly it makes me admire you more for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had much the same thought at Christmas time, so many bloggers and Instagrammers posting their Christmas haul and expensive designer goods - non of which I am immune to of course, but there is something about the 'look, look what expensive thing I got' and the rapturous applause that follows which has started to make me feel sick inside and yet too am a blogger and part of that world...
      I think many of us are struggling with that, we enjoy the superficial and the frivolous but it's becoming nauseating on some blogs.
      And yet again, to contradict myself, life is often hard so I too just like looking at simple pretty posts.
      Hmm, many of us are thinking the same thing.
      Thank you Stina for voicing it,I considered it but I loathe online confrontation ( the nasty anon kind) and I knew some folk would take it personally even if it wasn't meant to be so.

      Delete
    2. I totally agree with Dani and Tabitha. Nothing to add - fortunately, because my English is far from being perfect ;-) But I have to say, dear Stina that I have read your blog for four years now, and I really love it!! You are a beautiful person, inside and out :-)

      Tabitha, at this point I want to thank you for the most heart-warming and compassionate Christmas post in 2014. (I didn´t manage to write a comment on your blog with my iPad). Your lovely and comforting words were like an embracement for me: We are deeply mourning the loss of our first-born son, so it was a very painful time for us.
      Hugs Beatrice

      Delete
    3. Aww, thank you Beatrice, how utterly bereft you must be, my thoughts are with you and I hope you can find way though the pain.

      Delete
  2. Thank you Dear Stina with this marvellous thinking of the "new world" which is falsing true life by all these facilities you describe so deeply.
    Concerning your blog that I follow since years ans years, it is something that has helped me during difficult period of my life . Of course my love, my compagnion, my husband since so long time now has always been besides me in these difficult moments of health problems but I can assure you that your blog helped me also a lot. It has been the first thing that I read each morning. I love your way of growing up. And now since you are a mother you are still more human continuing to be a fashionista, a good sister, a good daughter for marvellous parents, and of course I presume a perfect wife/woman for your love M.
    Besides all that, I admire your beauty, taste, and it's true feel near you concerning taste of clothes, way of wearing them and most of all your philosophy of life.
    Stina, it's a relationship between internet but sometimes, I feel closer to you than persons around me!
    Because it is you as I can feel you are, besides your beauty that always admire because I am found of art, beauty, travels, and all what you represent.
    I hope you will understand what I feel as my English is so bad but be sure that your blog is very important to me and many many other ones for sure.
    Continue to make us to dream by showing your beautiful life. Well, at least what you want to show us....
    Certain blogs (very few ones) are usefull to make people happy you are one these.
    With love,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Stina,

    thank you for this honest post. It reflects my own thoughts and I can't understand why People want to get 'likes' all the time. I appreciate your Blogging because you do not want take a financial benefit out of it. It is simply you-that is the reason why your blog is my favourite one. Please continue!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stina,

    Har följt din blogg i många år och uppskattar den verkligen; din fantastiska blandning av reflektioner, funderingar och de vackra tingen i livet. Din stil inspirerar och är one of a kind! Verkligen intressant att läsa mer om dina tankar kring energier och vad vi själva sänder ut och hur det studsar tillbaka till oss. Är glad för den tid du lägger på att ha en välskriven blogg med vackra bilder, det är så givande att läsa!

    Jag har också gått i samma tankebanor kring hur det ser ut på bloggar och Instagram idag. Jag blir mest utmattad för allting känns så klonat. Som du säger, alla är rädda för att inte passa in, duga eller vara rätt om de inte har Dagg-vasen. Eller lägger upp något dussinartat bildcollage med doftljus från Byredo plus något från Acne eller vad det nu kan vara. Blir rädd för alla verkar tycka att det är helt okej att skriva och lägga upp samma bilder som alla andra. Sedan när blev det intressant? Det är som någon slags märklig motsatt meta-individualism..

    Har nästan slutat använda Instagram helt och hållet. Kikar in där någon dag i veckan men tappar inspiration och känner mig nästan fördummad. Väljer istället att selektivt gå in och kolla på de som inspirerar mig, oavsett om det är på Pinterest, Instagram, Tumblr eller någon blogg. Och din blogg, för du kan konsten att inspirera och utmana läsaren med viktiga reflektioner.
    Tack!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, There is also a world with a lot of very intelligent people who are also good looking and taking care about them selves and their families and they don't have any need to share it public. It's because they live in the world where they have same thinking/living people as a friends and co-workers etc. in their real life. They get their satisfaction and amount of likes in real.

    What I like most in your blog is that you share some of your life in a good and in a bad. I'm not so keen to read about your philosophy but you do it and you give your personality public what is interesting. I assume that you understand that all what you show and write is not showing of to all readers exactly in the way you mean it by your self. Such as, you think you are writing some beautiful and wise things but a reader can think that it's pure nonsense and also hypocritical. There is not also any place for real discussion which is interesting because you say you are a great thinker and so.

    You seem to be a nice person, good mother and very good in your work. You are very lucky to have two beautiful children and a work you love. Maybe...It's time to focus for that what happens in a real life and leave internet and redaers for some time. Can you do that? I don't think so. I think you are victim exactly to the same thing as other ones. To get attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my!doesn't it sound like the pernicious voice of frustration, jealousy and unfulfillment? all this in a single female reader? Plus the arrogant style"I assume that you understand..." or "can't you do that? I don't think so"
      Lady, what a pity to be your person!May someone help you!

      Delete
  6. I think you are wrong Anonymous. People who do not want to participate to this blog or read it are not obliged by Stina or anybody. Of course we are all, by obligation, there is no choice for many things now to participate to the Internet world. Reservations, orders, rapid letters for correspondants etc etc
    And certain blogs (few) are just a lien to other people living in another part of the world without need to be involved. Ex.: alone persons, persons who are in a hospital, or persons who have not the chance to travel, have family, children etc etc. Dont you think this kind of Stina's blog gives them a little bit if joy?
    Real discussions and high philosopy are not the subject in this kind of blog.
    Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Stina,

    again, great post, and message to think about deeply. Great way to start the day, with a true and honest, unique perspective. Very, very rare in this media age we live in.

    You know how to ask questions. I think the society as a whole has lost that skill. It's easier to go with the flow, and to follow, copy & love the clichés. So many just pose on their blog, and try to make their world look as pretty as possible. That's not real life. And even blogs, that say "now, this is real life at my house, look at my messy kitchen and tired face", feel fake and copied. I don't get that feeling from your website.

    After your post, I now really hate to use the word "blog", to describe your site, Stina. I feel it's a word that is so superficial and "fashionable", in the most negative sense.

    Stina, You touched on so many ideas we really should think about. Really, why some feel the need to live in a certain way, act in a certain way? It's like there's a predetermined goal and standards we have to live by, and we have to think like it's perfectly realistic.

    Why the internet world and the world outside is the way it is, why some of us feel the need to make a show and act like little mannequins on stage.

    With all this access to information, phone technology, travel and money, it seems to me that people have lost their inner selves. Based on fashion blogs, and a certain "real" people I've met, their speech focuses on immaterial things, clothes, how to pose for pictures, and how to make their world look like it's unique, when in reality they are hiding their bland and empty souls.

    I'm not on facebook, instagram or twitter, and don't have any designer bags or scarfs, because I need to keep myself out of the mainstream media and way of thinking. But, I can appreciate and value people who wear them, with honesty, that's the key, who have worked hard for them. People, who don’t act like the Designer Bags and Gucci wallets are the best thing in their lives. Like the well-known brands are the centre of their world, and they build the rest, dress their family to suit that picture.

    I look for unique, and honest ideas, and that is why, every morning, I click on your website for something I cannot find elsewhere. And I always find something new to think about.

    I see so many blogs on the internet that lack any real substance, information and deep thought. Like, a day after the Paris attacks, I went to a fashion, design and gourmet blog, updated by a Finnish woman in Paris, to look for any news about the attacks, any personal, hurt feeling, deep message. It didn’t come that day, or the next. Just fashion and designer advice as usual. I.was.horrified. The post came later that week, but it was already too late. She had time to think about other stuff, but not the energy to really write about something cruel and brutal. Rather than being honest, She deciced to wait and postpone dealing with something that didn’t fit into her neat, fashionable, and elite life.

    The blog or website you keep or anyone of us keep is and can be a powerful instrument. It’s a shame that with all our degrees, human connections and networking, the internet or most of the people in it haven’t evolved, into something better.


    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore you ...you are an inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stina, jag har läst din blogg fram och tillbaka i flera år och du är alltid en inspiration även för mig som inte är ett dugg intresserad av mode- eller materiella ting i allmänhet. Så länge du fortsätter med din blogg och gör det av rätt anledning - för att sätta ord på tankar, för att ge ett utrymme för ditt fotograferande, intresse för mode med mera så kommer det alltid vara givande för dina läsare och för dig, tror jag. Kram från kalla Luleå!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Stina,

    I have read your blog for many, many years. I guess you could say that I somehow feel like I know you and that you are my friend. Very weird and strange really but I think that is what happens when you follow someones life (even if it just a part of it) for such a long time.
    I agree with you on so many levels in this post. The most intricate and difficult thing is how torn you can feel about the whole social media phenomenon. On one hand I really like it (and I love your blog for example) but on the other hand I feel like it is sad and tragic. I have a baby daughter and I am thinking about how to handle this with her. I instinctively feel like I dont ever want her to sit with an ipad like a lot of kids do today. But is that fair to her?! Can I really "protect" her from the society we live in? I dont know to be honest.
    I cant give you any answers but I want to thank you for writing this post. I hope you keep writing your blog for 10 more years at least!

    Hugs from London!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is with posts like this that I'm reminded why I read your blog. I first discovered your blog when you were pregnant with Leon, and you were in the South of France. You very kindly offered to buy those straw baskets for us, and that's when I knew you were different and something special. While I love clothes, shoes and handbags, I'm actually not very into fashion... I know what suits me and I stick with that. So I don't come to your blog for anything fashion related really. It's more because you are a very sweet, smart and articulate woman who loves the finer things in life, but isn't a slave to them. Even the career you chose (helping others become there most beautiful selves) is a testament to your lovely character. I applaud you for taking breaks from your blog, even for days at a time and getting on with your real life, because at the end of the day, that is what really matters. Albert Einstein predicted this years and years ago when he said "I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots". How frighteningly right he was!! Especially here in the US - with all that is going on in the world, all the innocent people being killed, and children not being able to get an education without fear of getting shot etc.... with all this going on, the news will still print stories about Justin Bieber buying an airplane, or something Kim Kardashian wore to an event - practically headline news - very very scary!!! In my personal opinion, I think there is a huge disconnect between people and their souls and they are desperately trying to fill up their emptiness with material purchases or getting likes on facebook etc... they've forgotten whether or not they like themselves and are proud of who they are, but seek "likes" from people they probably don't even really care about or judge themselves by how popular they are on social media. Of course this isn't everyone, there is still plenty of fabulous and inspiring people out there (and you're one of them). I'm happy you are going to continue blogging. I've gotten some great tips from you and some of your readers. On a completely fluffy note - I love the RMS luminizer one of your readers recommended and the Bobbi Brown lip liner in "Ballet Pink" (recommended through Instagram) - so if you ladies are reading - thank you! We all need a little frivolous fluff in our lives. But if at the end of the day, all the "stuff" was taken away we could still be happy and full of love and gratitude then it's all good! Have a wonderful day Stina, big hugs xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for writing/sharing your thoughts. I can only relate to your opinions -not the actions -as I don't blog or use instagram.
    First I love your blog, I keep coming back because of the beautiful pictures and wise words. But is it shallow? I think of your designer clothes your profession... In this case no. As I pay more attention the actual beauty rather than the name or price of a bag. I know within me that there's more value to the inside than outside.
    If you want more, call it depth to your blog, post more reflection about life and about law of attraction. I welcome your opinions strongly, they are important!
    Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have followed your blog for several years and have truly enjoyed its content. It is a snapshot into a real life. I even enjoy seeing Tiger playing in the snow! This post is very insightful and special. It gave me pause, and made me realize I need to focus on my own journey. It is too easy to get caught up in a routine and not thinking long-term, and on the flip-side, not being in the moment.
    Thank you for your views and insights on life.
    Best regards,

    ReplyDelete
  14. And THIS is what I've always loved your blog for although I've felt that we don't click on a shallow level (i,e. expensive designer clothes and other shallow/material things that often times marks a shallow status among the middle/upper-class - no offence to the middle/upper-class or living a good life with quality and luxury and pampering oneself if one has their basic needs taken care of, I'm just referring to the example that you've given about likes etcetera and what we value and most importantly WHY). I tend to value my life depending on who and what I would appreciate the most if I was lying on my deathbed, it tend to give me the instant perspective of things and people. To stop the rant; the point is: Your inner spirituality has always been showing for all the years that I've occasionally read your blog and so the "luxurious" pictures of your life has felt like an extension apart from the appreciation of the aesthetics of your pictures. Therefore, your blog has been a reminder of how beautiful life can and should be (when one is lucky enough to not have to struggle to just survive and have basic needs such as a roof over one's head, food and so forth). Thank you for sharing your thoughts Stina./Laura (PS. I wrote a short e-mail to you about 2 -3 years ago about how your blog and a Swedish radio-show were the few joys, among strangers, in my life when I went through the toughest period in my life and I thank you once again..:))

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Stina,

    I expected this post to elicit hundreds of comments and I'm surprised that it hasn't. Maybe others are still digesting it.

    I have a blog I have neglected for some time now (due to the same work and family demands you have) and I rarely comment on blogs, but this post made me want to chime in in support of you and what you do on your blog.

    I was initially drawn to your blog because of your lovely fashion sense, but it is your unique voice and the fact that I identify with you as a 30-something mother with a career and other interests that keeps me reading. I like to hear your thoughts on non-conformity and everything else. I like to see someone else out there who like me, has a brain, a heart, a love for beauty and a life and persona that defies stereotypes. So please keep writing, no matter what it is you feel is in your heart to write.

    And thank you for these timely comments. You've been able to articulate an issue that I've been confronting in my own mind and life. I too have wondered how we are to filter our lives when there is a great quantity of stuff. How do we whittle it down to the essential without feeling like we've missed something? I love to be inspired by beautiful things but, like you, I don't want to be influenced by the masses. And a singular focus on "stuff" feels empty. The internet has an unlimited capacity to inspire but also to destroy; I don't want to waste my life scrolling away when there is much to be seen and experienced elsewhere. Yet I'm drawn to the opportunities the internet world allows us- the opportunity to research anything and to be exposed to beautiful things. I feel that beautiful things are often more just beautiful things- they can be useful, connect us to memories, and help us to display our identity. I think that the solution to this problem must be a constant, laser-sharp analysis of what we are allowing into our lives and what it's doing for us. Like you, I hope I can get a better handle on this, most importantly to be a good role model for my young son.

    Thank you again for the thought-provoking post!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jag har från första början känt mig väldigt dragen till din blogg, ditt sätt att skriva och dina tankar om livet. Hittade in på din blogg när jag höll på med IVF och du var också inne i samma livsskede då, så jag har alltså följt dig ganska länge. Väldigt intressant. Jag tror inte att du direkt frågar efter råd, utan mest uttrycker och luftar dina tankar, men om jag ändå får ge dig ett råd så skulle jag hoppas att du skulle ta dessa tankar på allvar. Ta din längtan efter avstånd till denna "media-värld" på allvar och ge dig själv friheten att avstå för en tid, obestämd eller bestämd. Pröva och se vad det föder fram i dig. Tack för att jag fått ta del av dina tankar och bilder under många år.
    Kram!
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks Stina! I `ve been waiting to read something like this from you for a long time - and it came on the evening when I started to reflect on some of my personal "hangups". We should always strive for to be the best version there is of our self, to always have the respect for first our self then to others. I`ve read your blog for years and I loved when you did moore of this kind of writing/reflections, keep it up! I do love to see the "glam" bits of your life too because it`s diffrent from my own life and when you focus on the extraordinary things we can see in life (if we look for it) rather then branding stuff.
    With love and respect,
    Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dearest Stina, Two things come into my mind when have read Your post: Big Brother´s guidelines for the sheep (us) so that we get so sheepish that we don´t hear and see what is actually going on in our own lives and also the magnificent movie "V for Vendetta". In the end it´s a choice that we as, in actual meaning; free individuals make every day. Happy Birthday in advance <3 Big hug <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that the real you and your spirit come thru. Please keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dear Stina,

    I started browsing your blog about 18 months ago. You are articulate, honest, sensitive and your family values are to be commended. But I am perplexed by you! Why does someone who is loved,who returns that love with a passion and seems to live a fulfilling life need to have so many materialistic possessions.Why does the person who oozes confidence and is blessed with a good face and healthy body need to have cosmetic procedures?You have used your blog as a platform to promote the company you work for, to encourage young people to have cosmetic procedures when nature has only taken its course.Your blog encourages people 's insecurities about how they look and further encourages a certain look.Your readers responses ( majority positive responses) have given YOU confidence and has helped YOU in other ways too. (Use of car and free beautify products etc) What about your readers who do not have access to what you have? Don't you feel a responsibility to show example on what exactly you wrote about in your last blog? You say one thing but mainly do another! Spilling your heart felt thoughts to thousands does not justify your extravagant lifestyle.If you want this lifestyle then have it and get on with it. You are still soul searching and your materialistic lifestyle has given you a conscience. You write it but do you really act upon it?
    My response will probably come across as harsh to some.......remember if you do not want to be criticised then write a diary and not a blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn’t agree more - Kate

      Delete
  21. Hej Stina,
    Du har rätt i allt du säger, håller med till 100%. Det finns få av dig i bloggvärlden som vågar stanna upp och reflektera över det som händer. Strunta i oss på andra sidan dataskärmen och fokusera på det som gör dig att må bra. Och sen, om du hittar lite tid, dela med dig av något vackert i bloggen.Tummen upp för inlagget. Kram, Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy B-day Stina!!!!!

    I have read your blog for years and the reason I never stopped is just because you have a depth I have not find anywhere else. You are lika a wise older sister to me. For me it is a big difference between your blog ande the common "posing, pouting - look at all my stuff"-girl. In your posts you are always embracing life, talking about love and the value of living the fullest. I love that! it gives me energy and perspecitve instead of a bad feeling. I am glad you brought this up since I am thinking a lot about myself and can regret how much time I have spent in front of a computer (but still do....) It is hard to break habbits but I like that you are talking about it. It makes me feel alright for struggling with it myself and also thar you are human. :) Thats why I love this forum. And for all the lovely pictures, showing beatuy and not only expensive stuff. Have a wounderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Grattis på födelsedagen Stina!
    I couldn't agree more with you nor the comments above. And just as your other readers I have been following you just because the interesting balance between deeper thoughts and "superficial" beauty and I am more than convinced that we need both of them to be inspired.
    Please keep up the blog and don't stop posting, no matter what you feel like writing or showing us through images.
    Take care, kramar!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Stina!

    And my compliments on your heartfelt post. This is exactly why I continue to read your blog (for years now), it offers a bit more. Your concerns over where the limit should go does you credit and shows that you are not just a mindless consumer, unlike so many other typical bloggers. To enjoy the finer things in life but not to get caught up is a tricky balance. I do think that most of your readers will agree with that. Naturally, we are all part of what the world is but questioning it is a healthy reminder. Does that mean that I think that Stina needs to "justify her lifestyle" or that working in the beauty industry is morally corrupt? No. And neither does the appreciation of beautiful things or wanting to look your best. To be consumed by the pursuit of beautiful things or physical perfection and having a constant need to show all of that off would be a problem and a completely different thing, that is exactly what this post proves. A moment of reflection and a pause to sit back and think about what is really important and I commend Stina for it.

    Kind regards, Celia (I can't wait for Feb 5th, I am soo loking forward to it).

    ReplyDelete
  25. Kära Stina! Makalöst träffsäkert och oerhört begåvat skrivet. Som övr i kommentarer instämmer jag helt, din blogg är one of à kind, helt outstanding och en sådan fascinerande, klok, vacker och fantastisk del av något mer. Ett djup och ett intellekt lyser genom den. Samtidigt omfattas den av sådan mänsklighet, värme och stark passion för så mycket som är DU, DIN text och ord, DIN syn som du ger i fantastiska foton osv. Det är därför jag älskar att läsa den! Du har hjälpt även mig i många svåra stunder genom din kunskap, dina livsval, enormt kloka tankar, ditt sätt att våga och mycket mer. Tack från hela mitt hjärta. Önskar innerligt att du kommer fortsätta med denna blogg, som är ngt helt annat än bloggar du tar upp i texten. SÅ mkt mer. Största respekten och värme till dig! Kram

    ReplyDelete
  26. Dear Stina, you may stop posting your outfit photos and post just photos of the world around you and write down your thoughts: you can capture a moment very well, almost perfect, it's very inspiring. Outfits and brands are not a reason why I'm here, it's the whole concept. I think, there are a lot of your readers who think this way.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Stina,
    I was just thinking about you the other day. I was wondering to myself how you had the energy to do it all: be a mom to your beautiful boys, be present for M, have a career, take care of yourself AND write a popular blog with a following that expects you to create interesting posts regularly. It's mind blowing to me that you even try to do it all. It must be exhausting physically and emotionally.
    You have been writing your blog now for ten years and you have done a wonderful job. You have created a brand that people follow and you enjoy working on it. Don't forget though that so much has changed in your life these past ten years, you have become a mom to two adorable boys. I know that you know all this already, but keep thinking about whether or not sharing so much detail about your beautiful world with us readers is as important as it used to be. You have cultivated an amazing life for yourself and you should really consider keeping it all for yourself, your boys, M, your family and best friends. We readers will of course miss reading your posts, but at the end of the day we will all carry on with our lives and dreams too. I personally read your blog because I like you, I am intrigued by you and you entertain me. Is it time though for me to take my curiosity elsewhere and for you to go live your fascinating life privately? You deserve it and your beautiful little family deserves to have you all to themselves.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Det är en frisk fläkt att läsa din blogg just för att du inte är som alla andra. Det ger även inspiration att tänka utanför boxen för mig. Tro på sin magkänsla och gå sin egen väg, tack
    /rebecka(läsare sedan2011)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Jag har läst din blogg i nästan 7 år och jag är också (som någon tidigare) helt ointresserad av mode och dyra grejer. Jag läser för att DU är så fantastisk och du är VÄLDIGT ANNORLUNDA mot andra bloggare, även fast du har alla dessa fina grejer och gillar shopping. När du visar något så känns det faktiskt aldrig "skrytsamt" utan bara som något naturligt som ingår i din livsstil - och även fast jag inte alls har den livsstilen så blir det bara inspirerande

    Jag saknar att din blogg blivit mindre personlig senaste åren - även fast du såklart ibland som här, skriver jättepersonliga saker vilket jag älskar - och jag FÖRSTÅR verkligen dels att du inte har tid, dels att du inte vill dela kanske allt på samma sätt nu som innan du hade barn.

    Jag tycker iallafall att din blogg är unik. Ibland så kör jag en blogg och instagram detox och bara kapar allt, men jag kommer alltid tillbaka till dig.

    Stay true to yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Stina, I wanted to give you this link http://stylelikeu.com ; for some reason I think you may enjoy the site. Yes, to what you wrote, yes, I agree. FWIW, I read your blog because I think it is beautiful; I enjoy the little glimpses into what seems to me a glamorous life that is so different from mine. Those glimpses allow me to dream, but do also cause some of the negative emotions you discussed. Affectionately from New Orleans, USA, Slade.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Stina,
    I've read your blog off and on for years now. I love fashion and light-hearted posts, but these kinds of posts are the ones I enjoy the most. Your blog is one of the very rare ones I've kept returning to over the years. My life has gone through so many changes in the past few years and countless times your blog has given me so much inspiration. I love that you've let us readers get close to you and get to know you on a different level. Thank you for that.
    Yours truly,
    E

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Stina, I love your blog as I find you interesting and your lifestyle is beautiful. I agree with so much of what you say here. It's a complex issue though...and I do find it hard not to be hypocritical myself with the designer goods I own and lust after. Am I simply being taken advantage of by the advertisers and marketers that seem to influence our lives from every angle? It is hard to read an honest blog or Instagram these days without knowing if you are actually being sold something in disguise. It is very hard to think clearly, to be an individual when there is an obsession globally with youth/image and looking a certain way....we all want acceptance from those around us....but there is so little love to go around. So we fight for it by trying to out-do each other. I think it is a result of individualism and capalism ruling our societies. The sense of family and community has been lost.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thank you everyone for these deep reflections and observations you've all done in your own lives. I'm glad that you understand and somewhat agree. Getting older is all about finding yourself - even more and following your beliefs of the world and the actions we take. The mind is so easily fooled, one has to be more conscious.

    I sincerely take deep pride and pride of reading all of your comments. Please everyone, read through them all since we can always learn from how other people cope with things!

    Lots of love!
    stina

    ReplyDelete
  34. I have found your blog accidentally and after read this post I do truthfully believe that you have won a true follower on me.
    Thank you for sharing your though and experience with us.
    M. Axelsson

    ReplyDelete