Saturday, September 5, 2015

Past week

So my man finally came back later then planned after missing his flight back home ... All i longed for was to get him home and get help and when I heard that he would probably be away another two nights I almost lost it. But then he found a flight from Zürich instead and came back late in the evening. This whole week I've been doing all the morning things (breakfast, washing, dressing the kids and me) dropping the children off at two different places with the car; kindergarden and school and then parking the car, rushing to work like a maniac, working and stressing back to pick up my car, going to fetch my oldest and thereafter the youngest, cooking and just doing it all by myself. Sometimes it feels like 'I've been living a whole life before 09.00am.
Do i need to tell you I've had a LOT of migraine? Probably not. Feel like buying myself something ridiculously expensive as a gift for myself for doing all of this quite insane organisation and working on top of it without any help at all.

The good thing though is that Alexis school goes really well and next week he'll start some "after school" activities. And today he started his French class in town. I know it's Saturday but we have to get our three languages working when he is small, the older they get the harder languages is to learn and since they are learning in a very fun way he loved it, which feels nice. We celebrated with Saturday candy and ice cream and are soon off to friends for a simple dinner.



11 comments:

  1. Stina, love the outfit!! Where is the coat from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart goes out to you! When my children were very young and my husband went on an occasional 7-day business trip, everything fell to me. This is most difficult. For me this did not happen often but when it did I invited my sister, friend or cousin to stay with me to help out. This made a big difference. Together we did fun things like eating at a kid-friendly restaurant that had good wine! The kids had a good time and so did the adults. Coming home with another adult helped me greatly. If you can recruit someone, I highly recommend it. Doing it all 'alone' is not only difficult it is nearly impossible especially if it happens often. Wishing you all the best - Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just returned from South vacations to find you beautifull and Alexis so tall, Dressed so nicely, like a little gentleman with his ice cream all around his mouth.... Its a real pleasure, even you do all these things alone Stina, you look fresh, thin thin, and you can notice that your migraines are coming with too much stress more than with a glass of wine which should miss you! Anyway take an help during the week for house etc but not staying with you at home. Its absolutely necessary.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ever consider being a stay at home mother for awhile longer? Beneficial to both you and the kiddos. Maybe cure the migraines and for sure the crazy schedule. Might bring you a lot of peace. Love your IG and blog. --a reader from the States

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, stay at home. It is too difficult to do everything yourself.

      Delete
  5. Why don't you get some help with the kids? Wouldn't that make your life quite much easier?...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She already had 2 live-ins that didn't work out, and also said that hiring Swedish daycare in the home was way too expensive. Or a person could save money with fewer purchases? Not our business probably.

      Delete
    2. Ok I see, didn't know that as I just recently found the blog. That's just so typical for Swedish women, trying to manage everything by themselves :) If there's one thing I'd done differently when the kids were tiny, is getting some help. That would've been worth every penny!

      Delete
  6. Låter tufft! Du är i alla fall otroligt vacker, och din stil... Snyggt! :) önskar man fick det sådär bra som du alltid gör :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is it si difficult in Sweden to find a day help not living with you? For ironing, clearing house and may be take care a little bit if children but they are at scool now. So, only to help you in the days works home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Stina, I love your autumn look and can't wait to see your new combining outfits. I understand that you are very busy and maybe this could help a little bit if you not already do it. I do all my grocery shopping online, it saves time and also I find it a little bit boring shopping groceries, and you don´t have to carry all those heavy bags. Hope it will work out for you. Have a lovely day. Lina

    ReplyDelete