Thursday, January 28, 2016

Stella girl

I am trying to stay positive in this grey darkness - but believe me it's hard. I've had so much migraine and I love my boys but they are a proper handful to say the least. One has to find something fun and amusing in everyday life, so to survive I'm planning my style for the spring/summer and doing nice shopping to make sure I have it all in order and nothing is sold out. Before kids I always searched for beautiful little dresses and high heels, I still fall for such things but mostly I search the stores in Stockholm (and online, gosh I love the online express deliveries) for stylish, something different but yet practical for my life as a mother. Really, it's too present and too much a reality to obey, I need it to be functional with a working life and with two little adorable monsters constantly around me in one way or another.
I find that the SS16 is really my cup of tea and I have to stop myself to not go  comepletely bananas.

One designer that I always come back to, just for the topics mentioned above; children/practical/fashionable/with a twist - is Stella McCartney. Some things are far too edgy for my style and you need a models body and length of the legs to carry it well, but the rest seems to be made for me. But hey then Stella has a bunch of children herself so she might have understood what you actually need for real in this fantastic but ever so hectic and sometimes frustrating life as a mother.

I took Leon with me to the store in Stockholm the other day, they know me very well by now and they helped me find some amazing shirts (the blue one had a very special and funky back side, and the white, ohh the white ... lace and loose fit, what more can you ask for a spring day?). I also got those perfectly fitted cigarette pants in black with zippers on the side and like a cosy pants style in the waist, hard to explain but I'll show them as soon as the weather approves. Thy are so comfy!

Anyhow, that's what's in my mind today.
Sleep well beauties!

12 comments:

  1. Such great pieces and with a black cigarette pant, very perfect for your life, the everyday! I've been thinking about spring clothes too, it's so gloomy and grey here in Canada just now I have to think ahead, it's very much something to look forward to. My son is graduating university in June so I'm looking for a dress for that, and for a special holiday with my husband in spring... also organizing what I have and getting rid of what I don't wear, it's the perfect activity this time of year.
    Love these glimpses of your closet, it's really beautiful and organized perfectly.
    I hope you can have some weeks without the migraine, it's terribly hard. The oppressive weather seems to make it worse too, I know it! XOX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Special holidays are my favorite to shop things for! Hope you'll find what you're looking for!

      Thank you, it's custom made by hand from my man to me. Not completely finished, a glass wall for all shoes are coming up, some lists etc etc

      Delete
  2. Grymt snygga, måste springa till Stella genast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your closet, ohh a dream. Stella McCartney is my fav designer, need to check them out for sure:).....

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey stina,
    the blue blouse looks so special, love the white contrast on the front! Looking forward to an outfit post :) //carina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the weather is foul here, I'm miserable and I'm just back, light makes such difference to mood. I'm trying to find something to look forward too, it's the only way through, whether it's summer wardrobe additions or a summer trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes one has to stay positive and find whatever gives us hope!

      Delete
  6. Oh Tabitha I feel miserable as you feel here with this weather .... Worse of all, we cough, flew, etc etc and I hope to leave for the Sun, even not too far away (even to the Emirates............ No comments) , I am not sure to be found of there.... but this year we cannot do a long travel to the Carribean or somewhere else, so I also imagine my wardrobe....... In a 5 stars hotels at seaside why not!? For sun....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sun, travels and warm, what we all crave! Until then some nice spring planning is all we can look forward too!

      Delete