Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Body talk


// RESPONSIBILITY//

So i've had some questions about exercise and body weight lately, or how to loose weight and if I've lost weight since I had my children? So I thought i'll write something about that topic.
Concerning my weight i have maybe dropped a kg or two, i weigh normally something around 56-58kg, (i am 170cm tall)  55kg if I don't feel well or have no time to rest which was the case when I got Leon, that full first year I think i weight around 54kg, not because I was on a diet of any form, I'm actually never on a diet, but mainly because it was SO intensive with two small ones, feeding them and you know, just everyday that I hardly had time to eat and whatever I ate was burnet straight away. My breast got completely flat and my body was very thin and all the bones was visible on my decollate, not so flattering after all.

I would love to have skinnier and not to mention longer legs, but I love to enjoy life too much and have no time to do so much exercise at this stage of life so it is what it is. I eat something about every third hour, mainly to control my insulin since it impacts my migraine and attacks strongly. My last meal (normally a bowl of cereals or a glas of milk with a toast) is around 9-10pm since I can't fall asleep if I am the slight hungry.

I try to do simple activities when I am home and have some spare minutes, I try to always chose the escalator when I can and in my work I stand a lot. But taking care of two small boys means very little of sitting down, it's always a lot to do.

My original body typs is one that can loose weight quite simple and easy, if I just eat slightly less then what I do or avoid my weekly sweets and chocolate, I'll lose a kg easy. With age I've realized that it will be harder and I try to see my body as a temple, I want it strong and healthy.
To keep the body not to loose and saggy I do Pilates. When I had time to do it two times per week my body was absolutely amazing, athletic, firm - everything I like but at the moment it's impossible so I do it one time per week.

If I would chose I'd probably be at 56kg all the time, that's when I like it the most but Ive learnt not to complain, the body is amazing as long as it works and since I often have a lot of pain, I'm happy everyday it's well and kind towards me.

But overall I'm satisfied, we have to be else it would take up too much time of my day. I truly think that if you're unhappy with your body you should really try to find a realistic and balanced path of exercise and food intake that makes you achieve something you are proud of.

The body represents us, who you are, your lifestyle choices and I'f you are not happy with it - then you really should do something about it. Not diets, or starvations but a healthy life way where you change forever and maybe eat less of the bad things but realize that you can eat a lot of the ingrediens that are good in the long run for you. Myself I can't do gym and things that binds me up, I need my freedom since I don't want the same things week by week, thats why power walks, Pilates and things I can do at home suits me best. Then I can do it when I feel like it and have motivation and if I don't, I remind myself how much positive energy I get back from it. We have a responsibility towards ourselves and I believe in that strongly. I know know I want to look at and feel in 20 years and also know that it won't come completely for free.

For me a woman who feels comfortable in her body is beautiful but I do feel like being severe over weight and abusing the main thing that keeps you alive is less good and I often wonder what it takes to make some humans just let go and stop caring.If it's because of medical conditions then of course but else it must be that you've just let go of the spirit and therefor the responsibility for what you are.
I need my body to function with me, to help me along the way of life, to be a true partner and so I need to give it what I can in soul food (forest walks, meditation, mindfulness, positive soul talk, listing to my intuition and signs along the way), real food and movements to give it all necessary ingredients to do so.
Lately stress is what I've become allergic too and my body is physically showing me that it had enough so obviously, with these clear signals I need to respect it and make a change. No one else will, I have to claim it for something of difference to take place.

We have a strong responsibility towards ourselves. To feel and listen to what we need in our heart and flesh, whats lacking and whats too much of. No one will ever come and rescue us, only you can be the controller of what's going on for your own wellbeing. And only you can decide how you want to look like with a realistic eye of course where you can eat and move in a healthy way without being to harsh and forget to live and enjoy life.

I'd like to end this little information post to say that obviously I chose the best pictures for this blog and my insta (stina_auer). Trust me there are som horrible pictures also where I hate my legs for example and pictures that are less flattering, we're all humans.


Please feel free to ask any questions or if something is unclear!

30 comments:

  1. thanks for it, you are beautiful, but why you had a breast enlargement?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because I missed my curves after breast feeding two children. Nothing weird about that, actually it should be paid by the government for those who wants too if you ask me.

      It's one of the best things iv'e done! I love them!

      Delete
    2. I rarely comment to blog posts or to comments of other people, but to this one I just had to. Apart from the senseless aspect of a comment like that, as every human being is allowed to do what he or she pleases, I think the surgery you had Stina was beautifully and very much aesthetically made (and I am really no supporter of aesthetic surgery or lip augmentation or whatsoever). And rather seeing it as an "enlargement", which to me sounds like as if you had gotten huge, Barbie-like breasts, I would rather call it an "reinstatement", which just can only be done in a surgical way, and not like a flat belly after a pregnancy where healthy and active lifestyle choices will bring the desired results. Apart from this, I think it is a very brave choice to openly and honestly admit to having done such surgery as I think there is no shame in "admitting" it, and people who pretend to haven't done anything are rather those that should think about it.

      Have a lovely day,
      G

      Delete
    3. Sorry, G, but a flat belly after pregnancy is often NOT AT ALL a matter of just a diet and exercise. Sagging skin and abdominal muscle diastasis are nothing you can fix in this way. I'd train hard and ate healthy foods a few years prior to my tummy tuck, which was the only solution. I'm not sure what you meant, but I think saying what you say is unfair towards many women, because it reinforces the erronous conviction that those whose bellies stick out, are always just lazy gluttons...

      Delete
    4. Please don't go crazy with my question. Stina, you wrote "feel free to ask any questions". My question don't want to hurt you, simply I realize that your breast is much bigger as it ever was.
      Sorry if someone understand it in a bad way.
      Love you,.

      Delete
  2. Sstina you are a "belle âme" in French, plus you are very honnest , intelligent and of course just beautiful.
    I agree with all you said about weight, exercises, together with other informations, but its true that it's sometimes difficult to follow that when we are often painful.... And we usually eat (or have champaigh....!) more than usual, to compensate .
    I also appreciate the last comment of G who rarely comment. She is completely right.
    We have to fight all our life for something and sometimes good moral goes away.... But there is always a solution to improve, for sure.... And what is 4 kgs comparing to the horrible things happening in the world and even in Europe. Thanks for all you give through your blog since years and years. Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For you Uta, 4kg might not be so important in the end? Would it make you happier? Or just more satisfied when you look yourself in the mirror. Maybe letting go of the will to loose 4kg would make you more balanced?
      We all have our dream bodies that one would love to have, but if i's so difficult, and if you sincerely tried, maybe it's your body telling you that you should focus on something else?
      I try to be realistic with my body and not crave something that is too hard tog et because then I would be miserable trying.

      Hugs,
      stina

      Delete
  3. As usual the comments of this person named Marta, is giving lessons to other ones.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As usual - my advice will be not to read my comments, dear ANONYMOUS.

      Delete
  4. Hi! Just curious since you write you eat something every third hour. Which is quite often I think, but you obviously do it right. What do you eat? I understand it is very small portions, but could you share what, like on a typical working day, you eat during the day to give an idea? And do you eat anything you do not like just because it is healthy? Do you have any "go to" - quick, healthy, when you need something now, or are on the go (to avoid chocolate, fast food etc)? Do you drink any smoothies and have any nice recipes to share (or if any one else have?)?? Thank you, Laila

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I eat on a normal day:

      7am 1egg, 2 grained toasts with butter and smoked ham, i cup of coffee with milk
      10am A yougurt, a banana or a toast or whatever I have around.
      12.30 lunch, proper, always warm food like potato and meatballs or some stew or this food
      3pm some nuts or a banana or grain cereals with milk
      6pm (normal days) i eat with the children so good, proper warm food
      9pm cereal with yoghurt or nuts (or some evenings chips and chocolate or slat licorice)

      That's pretty much it. I donut over eat, I eat a normal portion but I am never hungry after a meal.

      Hope it helps!

      Thank you,
      stina

      Delete
  5. I have read and appreciated your blog for a number of years. Your blog and other blogs helped me see positiv on my life when I got cancer and was treated for my cancer. I have always been a bit on the large side and got really huge when I was sick. There are many reasons why people eat to obesity but it is seldom because they are lazy. You asked why people give up and allow themselves to be obese. They do not give up, they are focused on something else, maybe just to survive in a tough world. The beauty and beautiful things in the world can be wonderful to see even for a fat girl. Encourage everyone and don't be limited, and don't look down on someone just because she is a large women.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read the text again, I mean severe over weight because you consume more then you burn and where people have letting go over their body. I am not talking about medical conditions. I never meant to hurt anyone, just in a realistic way tried to express the importance if taking responsibility for the body you're in.

      I don't look down on a healthy larger woman but sever over weight can never be healthy and will eventually destroy the body and probably keep you from a lot of things in life.

      Delete
    2. I apologize if I have offended you with my comment that large people have a need for beauty. We may have been different (for example, lean, bony, normal) earlier in life but we are just as you interested in beauty, fashion, health and diet anyway. We never wanted to let go - life happend

      Delete
  6. Are implants healthy for the body? Long term effects? What does it set as an example for your boys?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Implants have been used since early 90's and there are tons of studies of it. Of course there are risks, like capsules around them etc but nothing severe. The importance is to chose a skilled plastic surgeon and good quality implants that have long time studies behind them.

      Delete
    2. And what about your boys? Showing them surgery is needed to feel confidant as a woman post giving birth?

      Delete
    3. Absolutely, If they meet a woman, have children and she wants to get back her breast then I will fully support her and i am confident that they would too, both if she wants to stay the way she is or improve.
      My boys will grow up without judging minds and when they ask, i will explain and i am sure they will understand completely I think i did the right thing.

      Delete
    4. Improve...? Getting bigger breasts in not same as improve, it's just gettng bigger breasts. With your job history I understand you are more open than most people to surgical body changes, hence the line when you cannot agree with your boys future women on this matter are most likley very grey.

      Delete
  7. I think Stina wrote a beautiful, honest post. Honesty is always beautiful and thank you for that. A number of the responses share this same honesty. This post has brought up a lot of sensitive issues. The best way to read all of them is to read them with kind intentions which is sure that's how they were written. Everyone's truth is different and none of these comments have been written to judge others.

    All messages can be read with a negative or positive tone and therefore come across negative or positive depending on the framework you are filtering it through. As people we all know suffering, we all have insecurities, we all understand the pain going on in this world. But sometimes it is just nice to talk about other things and enjoy a nice conversation giving each other a hard time because something wasn't expressed as eloquently as you would like.

    What I love most about this blog is Stina's willingness to try things and not let fear stop her from improving. Not all of her choices are for me but that's irrelevant. It's her spirit that is why I come back. If I can answer the question above posed by Anonymous... "What does it set as an example for your boys"? To me the example it sets is to make your own decisions and feel comfortable with who you are.

    Thank you for continuing to share your life of passion with us. Lauren xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, often people read what they are hurt by or what hunts them whereas the original text is not written in that sense. We see what we want. I wish people to try to not be so personal offended but realize that it's far more going on.

      Delete
    2. Dear Stina,

      well put!

      about your posting: you look fabulous, you glow. I find you very attractive!

      I am with you with the 4kg-issue. (your blog is about lifestyle, not about politics)

      Thank you for your interesting post.

      warm regards,
      Paula

      Delete
  8. Health and well being is all about balance, in my view. When we strike balance in diet, exercise, and healthy relationships, our bodies react positively. Balance is a bit different for each individual. What works for me might not necessarily work for you and vice versa. Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Balance is everything. so hard but so importance.

      Delete
  9. I would like to ask you that what you think about the information about migraine belonging to a blood and heart diseases categories?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Funny…I have a large bust and always admire the smaller women like you used to be. It’s all very personal isn’t it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stina, can you please clarify why you think that breast enlargement should be paid by the goverment and the reasons for it? Is it just breast enlargement or other asthetic surgeries also?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well written with passion. I like everything you said and have deep respect for you. I'm a mother of 3 boys and working full time but as much as I love by boys and give all my time for them, I also want to look good for my hubby and for myself.

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. i like post like this, i want to know more about beauty and surgery and fillers etc. Stina is an nurse, a nurse within fillers and botox and that's the area of expertise. Not necessarily about life in general, no ofense. So please, more about fillers, botox and plastic surgery. Sanna

    ReplyDelete