Thursday, November 3, 2016

Inside activities


// ACTIVITIES // 

Yesterday morning we woke up from Alexis and Leon screaming next to our bed "It's Christmas, It's Christmas!!!". In other words, it had been snowing outside and sure, the whole garden layed like a perfect place for Santa to land his sled.
But it was also windy and the snow kept falling on so leaving the house felt ... less tempting. I did exactly what I actually don't like but sometimes believe we need, let him sit a full three hours in front of the television with some hot chocolate and a big warm blanket while I was doing a lot of necessary things around. After lunch I took the great suggestion from one of you readers, we went to Panduro (a DIY store that has everything you need for making things yourself) and I spent a 1000SEK (!!!) buying pearls, thread, pärlplattor, bolls and a lot of different small things to make fathers Christmas, angels and snow mans. I mean, Alexis can very seldom play by himself yet concentrate on something for very long but he played with this for hours, making bracelets, necklaces and everything and when Leon joined us we sat for another hour making different things. It's was such a cosy time actually.

I ended the afternoon with baking really healthy peanuts (ecological, non slated) healthy snacks with dates, non salted, ecological peanutbutter and a really lovely vegetarian dinner we all enjoyed. (Well honestly, the boys refused to eat most of it and it took like one hour before they had at least finsihed half of their plate. I wanted to pull my hair of frustration sitting there nagging like a crazy person and my man almost lost it, but in the end they finished it and sort of liked it.)

Life, isn't it funny after all?

3 comments:

  1. Oh my laaawd, that was my suggestion, I feel almost starstruck now!!! The Danish company TGR has a lot of pyssel too, for a fraction of the cost...I mean, if it grows on you ;) Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stina, thank you! I have a 2.5 and a 4 yo boys. I totally am in the middle of the same crap :)
    I love that you are not shy of saying how it really is. Blogs are usually too perfect. You're great. Thanks! And keep your chin up! Emilie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds exactly like my life in dreary seattle suburbs

    ReplyDelete